Age discrimination at BMS

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Dec 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where you abused that you have such hatred towards anyone who is older than you? You really need to get psychiatric counseling. In case you don't know, you are aging and one day all your ugly words will be said to you. Karma!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TIck tock !!!!
    Maybe your next gig can be selling highly leveraged mortgage and "investment" vehicles on the phone?
    You definitely have the "skill set" for that sort of "innovation"....Tweet that..AHole !!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aging is better than aged. Focus old fart.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many businesses (in all industries) will require a college degree for some of their positions because it greatly reduces lawsuits against the company. The feds and the ACLU sue companies all the time for employment discrimination. One of the reasons is that if a hiring company does hire a person with or without a high school degree only, it must then interview most job applicants with similar backgrounds, whether they can successfully perform the job or not. Remember, most applicants honestly believe that they can do the job. You were hired by BMS because the hiring manager was confident you could handle the training and work requirements. Why would a manager spend extra days or weeks interviewing obviously unqualified candidates? If you would accept a job in management you would know this.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The topic at hand,

"Do subtle forms (because overt forms have been essentially eliminated) of age discrimination routinely exist in Corporate AMERCIA & wonderful machines like Bristol-Myers Squibb?"

Absolutely. Driven by business 'factors' as in, earnings that start at the TOP of the FOOD CHAIN. Numbers that begin with fiat signs, not the surname mommy and daddy gave you.

Highly sophisicated from the top-down; but not without elementary and obvious violations from upper-middle management down to the bottom dwellers.

And, old Vs young in this 'detailing Vs selling' world? In the BP, pharma fantasy land, it always was soft sell. Since say, mid-2005, it's a ridiculous soft sell LEGALLY... So, no one younger can say crap about what older pharma reps did and demean what was, before they got in this 'career'. And old detailers can't say they were 'consultants'. [Only a few models existed in the past that actually delivered or attempted to deliver, high consultative (dare I say) 'patient-centric' support to medical teams they tell you, you serve.] You serve, your heavenly priced DRUG GOD that supports your little 'piece on earth'. Enjoy kids of all ages & be quiet.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A college degree is not required for the rep job. Preferred, but not required.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are absolutely positively wrong. Please provide a link to an ad with a reputable drug company where a bachelors degree is not an absolute requirement to interview for a drug rep job. In 99% of companies, a degree is an absolute deal breaker. As an example, the "requirement" section for actual ad is below. Note the very first entry is "4 Year Degree". I would agree that someone with high scoll education can easily do this no skill job though.

ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS

EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: 4 year college degree. Minimum of 2 years proven successful pharmaceuticals sales experience or comparable healthcare experience. Good written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking; ability to establish and maintain internal and external working relationships. Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone needs to file a class action suit. Why would they have people sign away their rights if there was not something to sign away? Was duress involved?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you really need to do is keep a list of company indiscretions like out of off label promotional activities. Do you have some to share?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This entire post is bs. No one is going to file a class action suit, no one is going to keep a list of violations, no one here is smart enough to know what to do, no one here has the balls (or money) to pursue this nonsense.

Just do the job they pay you for, be greatful you're not fired yet and stop whining.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Equal pay for equal goofing off

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be fairly easy to prove age discrimination in hiring at BMS!
    Just look around the room at any sales training class.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am living proof that you can do it. But not without an attorney. (that I paid 40% of my recovery money to) You MUST have a plantiff employment law attorney working for you. Also, age had better be a real factor. I'm retired now, but I did get an acceptable settlement from BMS. I was able to stay on with BMS for 3 years while my lawsuit was going on. I was avoided like the plague during the 3 years at BMS. BMS "came up to the line", but never crossed it.
    The only extras I paid for were mailings, etc.
    If an EMPLOYMENT LAW attorney believes you have a case, you will win! I'm reasonably sure that BMS doesn't want to go through this again. HOWEVER, I can't stress enough the importance of selecting an attorney who is Board Certified in Employment Law, and does plantiff work.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You make me sick. You are exactly what's wrong with this country. Stop destroying the hard work of others to get your own free meal ticket. There is no age discrimination, only ability to do the damn job and you likely sucked at it. Idiots like you drain the resources of companies like BMS, I hope your relatives can't afford their medications because we have to charge too much to pay off incompetent A-holes like you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So much anger from an idiot who knows nothing. Believe it or not, individual age discrimination does occur- without destroying the hard work of others! I paid for my meal ticket!
    You assume so much - but you know nothing! I probably would not have won anything if I had no cause for a lawsuit. Idiots like you are so very scary because you are so blind to the truth, even if it bites you in the ass! You believe BMS can do no wrong, has never done anything wrong, and is infallable! YOU are really what is wrong with this country!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This response brought to you by corporate communications department.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU ROCK! I was a DBM and wish all the people who have been run off and intimidated out by rotten DBMs and RBDs could have the same results you did. I saw a disproportionate number of older reps laid off every time we did a downsizing and know that it was due to the RBD putting notes into the reps' permanent file that were reviewed when the layoff lists were generated. Age discrimination is for real and when they run you off no one wants to hire you, never mind that you may have won more Pinnacles than the rest of the district put together.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it's not about being the most qualified but the best fit. I was turned down for an internal position because a much younger external candidate was hired due to "future potential" at the company. I was told that I'm too qualified and a better fit in my current job. I think it's age discrimination, and they're getting creative.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The truth of how people are treated. Age discrimination is real, alive in various subtler, effective forms at BMS, etc., etc., etc. It only takes a hiatus when it has too. This country is for the most greed driven types...the most assertive types.

Side note, not a rant: These forms of "Assertiveness" have NOTHING to DO with JESUS CHRIST as we enter Holy Week. “We do not find happiness by being assertive. We don't find happiness by running over people because we see what we want and they are in the way of that happiness so we either abandon them or we smash them. The Scriptures don't teach us to be assertive. The Scriptures teach us—and this is remarkable—the Scriptures teach us to be submissive. This is not a popular idea.”

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were called Detail Men as we knew the important details of the drugs we SOLD!!!
    Physicians saw those of us who they knew they could trust to do the right thing.

As a District Business Manager, I am amazed at how so many of you youngsters are so spoiled and think you are so great. Mommy and Daddy did you a great misjustice by not making you earn your keep by doing jobs around the house, having part time jobs to pay for your extras, etc.

A great example are the entrees regarding older employees. Have you thought that your peers are doing the same to your Mommy and Daddy? Grow up. Respect others.