I am a little nervous with the latest Rumor

Discussion in 'Vertex' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Word is that with the last buyout "deal" falling through last Wednesday, Management is now looking at another 10-15% layoff. Can someone else confirm this. I heard it from a fairly reliable source, but I want confirmation before I start looking at other research positions.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management here. Yes. End of April. I'm so sorry.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strap on your seatbelts. And hold on tight. It's gonna be a bumpy ride for the next 4-6 weeks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No worries. I do not see any company wants to buy Vertex at this stage.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR here. Don't worry and go back to work. We'll leave empty boxes by your seat if we don't need you. Have a nice day.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol! Hr here too, loved how we rounded of the last herd and just kicked them out of the building. Classic.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classy..

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs are terrible. Please don't joke about it. I know the layoffs are coming. I know friends and colleagues of mine will likely be let go. And none of us have any control over when or how this happens. I just hope it's soon so this dark cloud can be lifted.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree w/ you. Never posted here before but now I'm nervous, too.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vertex is going down the drain..take the layoff package and find a new job

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what else is terrible? Charging 100,000 for a toxic medication. You reap what you sow. Hey, Walmart is hiring!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It should be criminal!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about 300k for CF treatment??? Sickening!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You want us to give it away? How much do think we've spent to get to market????? Get a life, because we are saving lives.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a shame that layoffs rumors are flying around when there are plenty of people that should be fired. How many has beens, re-treads, wannabees, and clueless dept. heads can one company have?????

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is 300,000.00 a year for treatment giving it away? You make me sick!!!! Greedy hog!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How to keep your job at vertex -- don't make waves, don't ask questions, and kiss your boss's butt both morning and afternoon. There -- you're all set.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors are rumors. I'm in the know. There are no big lay-offs planned. Some needed pruning will take place to address things that need to change, but most of you will be fine.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you, oh wise one. I feel so much better reading your insightful words. Not.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hilarious! How funny it is when in November the remaining Vertex employees seemed overjoyed on the HCV sales force being let go. There were comments saying how lazy people were, how everyone deserved it, and on and on. Sure is interesting now isn't it. So for those of you who were guilty and remained, I hope you can now feel the pain first hand. Karma bitch!