Background check

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How serious is this company when it comes to background checks? I've heard that they don't check your references untill weeks after employment. I'm only concerned about the education verification. Im basically two classes from getting my bachelors. I had to drop out and move out of the country because my mother was very ill. Time passed by and I never went back to school. I've been working for the past 7 years and never really thought I needed it. Untill now...... Will they rescind my offer???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have a third party company do the background check. They will contact your college to verify degree. When they say you did not graduate they will rescind the offer. period. You didn't know this? Get your degree and be glad you did not have to work at this shit hole.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They demand w-2s and tax returns 10+ years back. They definitely check college.. They don't personally call prior employers or HR - they use your social security/credit check to match up the jobs that come in the system.. if your previous employer was purchased or you were paid by a 3rd party - make sure you have your tax returns / w-2s b/c they won't call and ask. they want everything in black and white..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything in my background is clean except this whole college bullshit! I'm so mad at myself for not finishing but I started making money and didn't feel like I ever needed it. I guess I should start looking for another job. Plus everyone in my family thinks I graduated. Even my S/O It will be really fun explaining why my offer got rescinded. I'm seriously thinking about jumping in front of a train and just ending everything

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were making money back then, so why jump in front of the train?
    Get some help with your mental health issue.

PSS is terrible anyway.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't really think they check much at all. I have lots of made up stuff on my resume from school and work and they don't really give me problems.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BTW what college has major resources to verify degrees over the phone to background check groups. I went to a really small school they can't dedicate one person to these "background checks" calls on former student who are getting new jobs. Just apply and see what happens. When they catch you say that you need to take one more class and that next semester you will be taking that class at the local university.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either way, take the 2 classes and finish the degree to avoid problems in the future.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called the department of registration and academic records. Every college I know of has an official registrar and data base of graduates no matter how small. They are not allowed to release grades without an official transcript request, but they are able to confirm graduation. I worked in this department for a larger university and small junior college.