Abbott Meters

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Abbott Parking Meters are real junk

Wow what sour grapes. So you got canned from ADC, that very obvious. Just move on and pick up your broken pieces.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I make big bucks you toad.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riiiiight. Something tells me your an unemployed meter maid fool.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are only two kinds of meter maids: unemployed, or soon to be unemployed. The job market being what it is, those unemployed already may have a chance to find some kind of employment in the next few months.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Abbott Parking Meters

Nada...... Slim pickings. Device won't consider us AD neither will Pharma.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AD? Abbott Diagnostics

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they were going to be selling this junk at Walmart next week. Can I still get the employee discount?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had 2 interviews this week with 2 other pharma companies, not Diabetes. I did my homework was prepared, and put it all on the table. Feedback from both recruiters involved was positive - about how well I did - but neither company will move me to the next round because they don't consider meter sales to be real pharma sales.

I've been trying to get interviews on several device jobs I've seen, but I've been told by every recruiter that meter sales do not qualify.

Man this sucks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Change the resume and tell them you did both. Nothing to lose.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aren' t our salaries great though for basically being a meter maid? Our 100k base salary is the best thing going for being a FedEx delivery boy/girl.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the problem, knucklehead. We're are you going to replace that? Meter maid jobs are going away, and pharma does not consider what we do to be pharma sales. That means we have to start at the bottom all over again. Just look around you: there are like what, a handful of reps and maybe a DM that are NOT spending all their time looking for new jobs, and have been since the last layoff. How many have left for new jobs?

The only jobs that I have been able to get close to landing are retails sales rep jobs for OTC consumer companies and brokers. The base is $75 - $85k with company car and 20% bonus max for a manufacturer, and $65 - $75 with a small car allowance and 10% max bonus for a broker.

Thanks to Obama, the economy is in the toilet, and few and fewer jobs are out there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know a couple of reps that got offers in the last 60 days, only to have them pulled back due to hiring freezes. Both were pharma jobs, detailing OTC products to medical offices (eye care and gastro). Salary for one was $78, and the other $83.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I know. Believe me. I cannot find another job that compares in salary. I dont know what to do. Most of the people who were layed off in September cant find jobs either. No wonder reps and Managers dont want to leave the milk ride here at ADC. Cant wait til layoffs to see the hatchet come down and get rid of waste. Well, actually we are all waste and bring no value to anyone. Telesales can grow more share than a rep. Reps are annoying and managers pretend to reinvent the wheel with an OTC product and a co-pay card. This job is like hitting lotto for some of you. I mean to pretend to work and write success stories is pretty clever in between picking the kids up from school. A person can work this job for one year, understand its a joke and repeat the same success story to his/her manager year over year and be portrayed as intelligent. Same with management, not having a plan, implementing friends for life, then promise, then acs fax forms, back to promise, wait, lets sell Insulinx, no more insulinx, back to Lite. Should we sell PXtra? And we wonder why ADC is in sad shape. Many of you have had a free ride at ADC. The next sales chapter of your careers will be tough and be held accountable. Enjoy the last several months before round #2.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharma is not real sales and niether is meter sales - you are over paid merchandisers - no different then the Coke "salesman" - come on - when was the last time you had to "compete" for business by writing an RFP, perspecting a sales cycle, decision maker realtionship building, buying influence negotiating, and discuss ROI to a client looking to "purchase" a product and/or service.....yeah didn't think you had an answer for that - well neither do the lazy ass self-absorbed drug reps. Merchandiser yeah maybe - SALES REP no f-ing way !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMFAO..... Please enlighten us as to what type of job you have Mr Anonymous Hot Shot?? Hahahahahahaha

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was one of the Sept layoff Reps and most of us got jobs (competition) but we did not contact Abbott to say that we are now their competition and takings away Abbott business in a Covert way. We all know how Abbott works in structuring sales and it is easy to come up with a better deal slightly better deal that closes the sale but does not give away the house. Abbott as no idea of the how much they are losing from these deals. I personally know 5 Reps who got jobs withing 60 days of leaving yet took a severance from Abbott and will not speak to their HR to tell them where they are now working. HR would then resend your signed copy of the noncompete form to your new employer and you to screw you and your family again.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

gat laid...

I do not want advice from you

Thanks

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"niether", "realtionship"...

MORON

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you sound like a real wuss

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Mable! I see you are still bitter ... Poor dear. May you can find a more appropriate activity down at the senior center.