CNPR Certification

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no pharma sales experience and was told by someone I should get this certification to improve my chances of getting a job as a pharma rep. Is this true?? Will this help?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't waste your time or money on this. Companies years ago used to put value in this or the CMR institute, and now nobody seems to care. If you put this designation on your biz card today, offices would laugh at you.

With all the recent layoffs in the industry you are in need of connections not certifications.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS will be more impressed with examples of Incremental A to B Shifts, Call Continuum and notes, and various other corporate "core behaviors".

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS has never cared about the CMR classes or certification.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks! Guess I will save my money!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the world class L&D department, why would you need CMR? BMS will teach you everything you need to know, about nothing!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you looking at pharma sales at all? Go find a job where you can get some satisfaction.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are entry level I would get the CNPR over a CMR. I have interviewed with over 3 pharma companies and they all want me to have a CNPR.

Craig C likes this.
  9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are looking to hire reps so if you are looking for a career change make sure to apply for sales jobs at www.genzyme.com CNPR Certifiied applicants are encouraged to apply!!!!!

Craig C likes this.
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

better off getting your massage license-practice the tug and pull

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this include kissing ass?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALL you need to have is a 4th grade education an how to serve lunch to ungrateful people

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Entry level reps should show some industry education, pharmaceutical sales training or a certification. If you are looking to break into to the industry the CNPR certification will certainly provide the necessary training as well as industry knowledge to qualify for jobs and work as a pharmaceutical sales rep. Certification programs are good way for individuals to break into alot of healthcare careers.

The U.S. Department of Labor projects 22.5 percent job growth for the industry through 2018. What's more, a recent government jobs report shows an increase in health care hiring of 140,000 jobs. With its growing employment opportunities, industry expansion, and the wide variety of career options, health care has become one of the smartest career trends to follow.

To pursue a career as a pharmaceutical sales rep you usually need some kind of a degree , sales experience and industry knowledge. Some employers might require a Certified National Pharmaceutical Rep (CNPR) credential, according to the Department of Labor.

The pharmaceutical-sales field, often called "recession-proof," is popular because it offers excellent salary potential, great benefits, flexibility, opportunity for growth, and frequently the use of a company car. An aging population of baby boomers, the shift away from clinical treatment of illnesses in hospitals, and the fact that people seek a good quality of life as life expectancies continue to increase are among the factors spurring the growth of the pharmaceutical sector. "The pharmaceutical industry is among the largest, most stable, and fastest growing businesses in the entire world."

There are many career websites to find jobs and www.medreps.com is a good one.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overpaid pizza delivery people.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, the way BMS and a lot of other pharma companies are going, you may be a shoe in. They don't want anybody with any significant experience, because they will balk at ridiculous sales model expectations, like overly agressive open and closed probes, absurd A to B Shifts, and forcing a call in on a physician at clearly inappropriate times.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are entry level one of the most important things you can do is to complete pharmaceutical sales training. The most popular and industry recognized program is the CNPR Certification. With pharmaceutical sales being so technical the pharmaceutical companies look for candidates who possess pharmacology vocational sales training.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was called in for an pharmaceutical sales interview with Endo Pharmaceutical because I was CNPR certified. The interviewer was impressed with my pharmaceutical sales training and that was the first thing he mentioned. I do have 2 more interviews to go through to hopefully obtain a job offer.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I studied and passed the CNPR test on my first attempt. I quickly sent my resume out to pharmaceutical companies that had entry level positions open and was hired a month later from the world's largest vaccine company! I am very excited to start the next chapter in my career and I thank the NAPSRx for that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I have seen on job boards is that for entry level pharmaceutical sales jobs is that the companies are looking for applicants who have been trained and educated on pharmacology product knowledge.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Almost all jobs in healthcare require prior training and certification. Whether you are a Physical Therapist, RN, Medical Tech, Dental Hygienist, Certified Nurse Air, Respiratory Therapist or Speech Pathologist all jobs in healthcare require vocational training and completion of examination.