How's everyone holding up?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not at all how it works. Not at GSK, not anywhere.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right it won't be just the field but telecons have been postponed.. Don't you wonder why? Losing Oncology then gaining what #? in vaccines or will they just be severed. Bet bottom dollar nothing will hash out until the deal is done, they have to pay to sever or keep all those folks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is against policy, but not the law. You only need to provide 60 days notice (WARN ACT) when you cross certain thresholds:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worker_Adjustment_and_Retraining_Notification_Act

Note the following:

The WARN Act also is not activated when the following coverage thresholds are unmet:

If a plant closing or a mass layoff results in fewer than 50 workers losing their jobs at a single employment site;
    If 50 to 499 workers lose their jobs and that number is less than 33 percent of the employer’s total, active workforce at a single employment site;
    If a layoff is for 6 months or less; or
    If work hours are not reduced 50 percent in each month of any 6-month period.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is very sad to see the bottom feeding lawyers are again trolling on this site.......hope their mom's are proud of their profession and how they make their money .

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't see a WARN act for Pennsylvania, North Carolina, NY, NJ, FL, CA....so that tells me, nothing has been decided...AND...Nothing happening this year. Enjoy you families this holday season. Focus on what's really important.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you base this comment on what?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of you think you know the policies and Federal laws better than your own responsibilities at work.......and post at any hour of the day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fact: we will learn more about restructuring the week of the November 17th.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some if us are sick at home, taking a vacation day, live in another time zone....moron!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soooo. Just got off of a leadership call. Absolutely no layoffs from Respiratory or CVMU field sales. In fact, we are extending our contract with Inventive Pharma through 2015. So all of the people spreading false rumors can give it a rest for the next 9-12 months.

Don't believe me? Speak with your TSM and see if what i am saying is not true. Enjoy your families this holiday season!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are wrong about Inventive. Expanding diabetic educators only. Not moving forward with additional reps. They were just notified on their cc today.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's just around the corner....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax! No field layoffs for next 12 months. Was said loud and clear! But come back in June 2015 and spread more of your false and negative rumors. By then there will be another asthma launch and other products to promote! You will be forecasting doom and gloom as always. Get a life! Get out of here and get another job if you are so worried! Time to move along. Happy holidays to you and yours!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey post#51. Why would they expand diabetes educators but reduce the sales force? No layoffs for at least another 12 months. Please go away for another 10 months before bringing all of your negative speculation.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This corporate troll is something else--adds insult to everyone's injuries then tells them to have a happy holiday.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they said not to worry when they cut 6,000 back a few years ago.........

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey post #54. Can't you read dip shit? I said nothing about GSK laying anyone off. An Inventive rep sent me a text while on their cc. Just relaying information. How about maybe Diabetic Educators could be a resource in the offices and actually have patient contact, Like every other pharma company does. Seriously stop reading into things. Just because you are a miserable moron doesn't mean you have the privilege to misinterpret these posts.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

!2 O'clock and all is well!!! Gen Pharma gets another 12 months of life. Haters be gone!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The KOOL AID is brewing inm the vats!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kool-Aide, vodka, or marijuana who cares? People need to realize that Phama (that includes GSK) is a shrinking industry. The hey day is over. Now, there will always be pharma companies and there will always be a need for representation. So just recognize the facts. Get out if you are able. If not, cross your fingers and hope your number is not the one plucked from the lay-off pool. Be prepared to live through the process about every three to seven years.

Advice to those under 35. Get out while you still can. The longer you stay, the more reliant you are on the company. Once you hit 45, it's almost impossible to leave. Your spouse better bring home a significant income. Otherwise, any other move is a 30 - 40 percent pay cut. Again, don't think you are "special" and that only the dead wood is let go. I have seen many outstanding reps from our company and others dropped without hesitation. On the lighter side, there are no cuts this year from what I can see. Talk with me next June and I may have another take. All is good for the next 6 - 9 months. Peace out!