Respiratory Care Educator position

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 16, 2010 at 5:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another one bites the dust!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG-is that three now in the last month??? I wonder who's next!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, another one gone. That's 4 resignations in the last 2 months!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a sales job. And a great one at that. I'm envious. They're really selling better patient care and that is so needed in every chronic disease I can think of. Sure, some areas should pay a lot better. Attrition is part of any gig, and most would move on for a similar job with more money. That will settle out over time. Overall it still looks like a great gig. GSK is doing the right thing here. The only challenge I have is the hard firewall between the RCE and field reps. Since GSK is doing the right thing, why not allow sales and educators be in the same room or work closely together on important groups? As long as there's no mention of product (that's where trust comes in), they could help each other. It's like they're either ashamed of the reps or the educators they've committed so many resources to.

Remember, the position is still in it's infancy and will take some time to move into a good stride. The position has only existed for about 18 months, and the new "sales model" for about six. Give 'em all a break!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Live in the Atlanta Metro area. Any input on the RCE psoition for this area? I am conducting a phone interview tomorrow.m then will see what happens... I am a RRT with a BA in education.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be a great job if I could get through the door to talk to someone. I have to go with a primary care rep who has samples so I can have access. Good idea but not working

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Access is always a challenge. Tenacity will win in the end. We need to weave our way through the maze wihtin the group practices in order to find the health care coordinators, or chronic disease managers as the ones to talk to. Still a challenge. With the negative press about GSK's recent settlement with the Fed., trust may be a factor, but hang in there. As we get a good project going in one office or practice, that should alow us to talk that success up in other offices; kind of a testimonial. Additionally, the Supreme Court upholding the ACA will get people moving to manage chronic diseases better or get hit in the pocket book. Best advice is work hard and be patient. It'll get better as webuild our skills and successes.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insights of the future of the RCE role?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We still have RCEs?????

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the person simply calls on indigent clinics. wow!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my area I am not wanted in the clinics. I am really not well received. It is a boring job with little to nothing to do.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That position is a joke, and always has been.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the Educators being eliminated? What happened to the manager GR who left in June? Removed?