Stock options

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Sep 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering if anyone out there has had any luck negotiating a package to be able to keep stock options earned for repeat high performance? I'm seeing the writing on the wall with my manager (I've never had a compliance complaint but I magically have 4 on my last 3 field rides. Even the compliance guy told me I should consider other options). I can't technically cash out until early next year but with comments like "we don't hire people like you anymore" being tossed my way, I doubt I'll be able to last. I'm anxious to leave this dumpster fire that GSK has become but not without what I've earned.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get a package if your stocks are close you get to cash them out

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm talking about possibly going to HR and saying "make me an offer to leave"; just curious if anyone had any success with that approach. I don't think I'll be able to restrain myself from telling my mgr to take a flying leap the next time she makes up a BS compliance issue.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any hint that you are unhappy, will signal them to act fast,,,,,,,,,,

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder how HR would react to the allegation of a hostile work environment? Sounds like your FLL is trying to get you to quit!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They would laugh and put your name at the top of the list.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You nailed it. If you are proactive and fire first with what sounds like an actual hostile work place charge you'll get what you want. GSK WILL pay for your silence.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And don't forget to contact your local office of the EEOC and a bottom dwelling ambulance chaser.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It states that if you are terminated and leave then anything before 3 years is lost which is true BUT if you get the standard package then you get the amount prorated which can be very nice. You would get 1/3 of your options issued this year and 2/3 for last years options and 100% for the third year.
    Add that with unused vacation pay and 2 weeks pay per year worked and free insurance coverage throughout severance....... They are making it very easy to leave GSK.
    I am still smiling.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

things have changed a lot !