URL pharma

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts on why we bought URL pharma today?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So doctors treating gout can now be pissed at one company instead of two about the price of meds.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more importantly, how many reps do they have? i read they have 500 employees total. 16% of their employees are reps thats 80 reps. and a contract sales force of 350.

so thats 80 reps to work into our salesforce. That actually sounds promising for job stability moving forward with a $500mil drug to sell.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Takeda rep: "So doctor, remember having the discussion about how URL hijacked generic colchicine, made it branded and jacked up the price, pissing off patients and doctors around the country?"

Physician: "Yes I do. I actually thought the rep was ok, but because of what the company did we no longer allow that rep in our clinic".

Takeda rep: "Well I am excited to tell you that my company thought this was such a great company, we purchased URL. This will give us the opportunity to further own, rich and expand our business. Please don't worry. Our crack marketing team that just changed our other savings program will surely come up with a fantabulous savings program for Colcrys. Even though they already have free trials and a super savings program"

physician "Why don't you bend over and own, rich and expand this you little prick. The door is that way and please don't come back"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently URL understands the gout market better than Takeda. Sales of a friggin branded generic sold more then $430 Million! Maybe the URL peeps can help right the ship.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jefferies analyst Naomi Kumagai said in a research note the deal was puzzling. The analyst noted that Actos will face competition from cheaper generic products starting in August, so Takeda needs more products or drugs in late-stage development. But she also wrote that she isn't sure "how much value will be brought from the enhancement of the gout franchise."

Even the analysts don't understand the decision-

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please provide link to that Jeffries statement

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats you bought the most hated company in the Gout Market!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Takeda rep: "So doctor, remember having the discussion about how URL hijacked generic colchicine, made it branded and jacked up the price, pissing off patients and doctors around the country?"

Physician: "Yes I do. I actually thought the rep was ok, but because of what the company did we no longer allow that rep in our clinic".

Poster #4 nailed it. This does make sense if we can come out with a combo pill and price and market properly. Oh wait, this is Takeda. We will surely fuck that up, too.

I hope they incorporate tap-dancing lessons into our training, because we are going to be doing a lot of it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the only innovation that exists in pharma today combo pills?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't combo Uloric and Colchicine in one pill.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They'll put them together in a "pack" and piss everybody off even more

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4th DPP4i (coming soon), 7th PPI, 8th Arb, and now Colcrys. We have officially become what most doctors hate about Pharma company's.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

URL made a good decision to sell this off.. colcrys business is rapidly dropping docs are so angry wont use the product...hopefully takeda will be smart enough to lower the price before another generic colchicine comes on board.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

URL made a good decision to sell this off.. colcrys business is rapidly dropping docs are so angry wont use the product...hopefully takeda will be smart enough to lower the price before another generic colchicine comes on board.

Not sure what company you work for but Colcrys business is not rapidly dropping or Takeda would have never purchased URL. Relationships with physicians sold the drug & there wasn't much of any other options!

And based on commission earnings for 2011 URL reps made more commission than salaries alone! Re-check your sources then come back genius!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont believe the lies... worst drug ever in the docs eyes, they hate it
    ask your docs then and ask sales force selling it idiot

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will be the "nail in the coffin" for uloric?