Bad Business Decisions...The Irrelevant DM

Discussion in 'Shionogi' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to brag but I'm going to win presidents club this year...Well at least I think so because I've been one of the top 3 reps in the nation.
    Since the launch of Osphena I've had two DMs. Both of these people did nothing to help me get there. I did it on my own.

My question is why do we need these people? They get paid over 100k a year to basically approve our expense reports, "coach" us during constant field rides, and send us useless trackers to justify their jobs and importance. Now our company has so many DMs that they are riding with us way too much and are severely micromanaging. Our industry has gotten away from utilizing the DM position as they have become irrelevant, but our company does the opposite. Why?

It seems like Shionogi doesn't make very good business decisions. Have they always been this way? I've only been here for 2 years but I'm wondering if I need to jump ship and if other people are thinking the same?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im going to win Presidents Club too....No...other people are thinking if you don't like it here...get the fuck on BIOTCH....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, Shionogi doesn't make that many savvy business decisions. I can tell you based on my experienced. I have been here for 2 years but I know ppl that have been for 5 years and they are just on cruise control bc it's not the worst company out there but it isn't the best either. They make irrational and random business and operational decisions that make zero sense which is why we are where we are. It's a mediocre organization and don't be surprised if on the next lay off you are let go regardless of your numbers. It's random.
    You are absolutely right about the DMs. There are way too many of them and while some bring value and help develop reps a lot of them are useless and too many ride alongs for only one drug and another one we are copromoting! That tells you how brainless they are. It's true most humans only use10% of their brains and Shionogi management is a good example of that

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to see you cry when you get laid off. The only reason you are with Shionogi is bc you are close to winning club if not you wouldn't be here giving others a piece of your mind. Call me at 1800-fuck off when they let you go. Ass monkey

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an idiot! Saying they are one of the top 3 in the nation makes it very easy
    for his/her DM to identify!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be so naïve...it's obvious this is a poser, nevertheless, he is right on about the useless and overpaid DM position!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree that the DM position here is worthless AND I am a DM. The company saddled us with worthless RDs and stifled any creativity eliminating any value we might be able to provide to our reps. However, we are hardly overpaid. Senior reps at other other companies make more than DMs at Shionogi. I also have reps in the team making more bonus money than I do and our district is top 25% in the nation. The DM job here sucks.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was offered 125K to be a DM and laughed. I make over 200k at a higher level now. You pay low salaries.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. I am also a DM. Interviewed a bunch of reps last year who were making more in salary than Shionogi pays me now. Feelers are out. I will find something else.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should. Honestly the pay is piss poor here. I am gone and SOOOO happy for it. This place has no leadership - only robots!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A person who is in the top 3 doesn't post on Cafepharma saying that they are. A DM doesn't post on Cafepharma to say that reps in other companies are making more money. But I do appreciate the attempts by loser reps who post in an effort to stir things up. Sometimes it's good for a laugh.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone posts and looks at Cafepharma. Even the VP and your co worker you think you know.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on. Everyone looks and reads and some post comments here, from reps to upper management. I used to trust so called "friends" in this mediocre/unprofessional company but they turned fake and started getting their noses up DMs and what for? It's sad. This place is very toxic...I'm not longer here and I must say "I feel good and yes every place has its challenges but this place is fucked up and very fake and the districts that have all women become very catty and gossipy" managers aren't that good (with few exceptions like everything) and upper management makes me wanna vomit.