Why don't Job Shares get respect?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. After only working 2.5 days a week I am refreshed and invigorated so when the next week starts I am more effective than the full time reps who just worked 5 days straight.

2. We have two heads to solve problem customers. Teamwork!

3. We can cover for each other when off for vacations or sick.

4. We can cheer each other on when one of us is down!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can I get a job share?
    Sounds perfect to me!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too expensive!!!!! Two cars, two sets of benefits, two pension plans, two cell phone reimbursements, two storage units…..you get the picture. In this time of downsizing, job shares are a waste of our corporate resources. Way too expensive.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no respect because they suck

Or should I spell it "rspect"

You know where that came from numbnuts

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi math wiz! the gas usage is half, the pension is half based on half salary and sip, the samples are half, and the benefits cost more for anyone who is job share. two mini storage units and 70/month for cell phone? that certainly must be bringing down the ship considering their are probably about 50 job shares in the whole company. they are few and far between anyways. move on to something important, like why do we have respiratory reps when the contract sales force is selling those products? maybe that might be a better place to start cutting. or the absurd micro managing ctls who are now riding with us twice a month because they have nothing else to do.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please Can cheer each other up ...? Please ... I have worked with 3 sets of job shares.. they did not do their job... They were there for the use of the company vehicle and Merck benefits... That is why I am not high on them... I am sure there is a pair out there are may be very good...have not seen them..

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2.5 days per week? Really? Who the hell wants to work that much anyway?

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the laugh, rock on 15x15 dude!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two part time workers to fill one part time job, brilliant! And you thought it was just the U.S post office that was in trouble

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its better to have 1 person make 100K and one other make 0, than 2 people make 50K each. Merck 101.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why work 2.5 days a week for half money when you can work less for the full salary? And I don't have a back stabbing partner looking to turn me in to the manager to make themselves look better.

I put in my 8 hours a week or so for my six figure salary. Why would I work more for half pay? Job sharers are idiots.

Regards,

The 15x15 Guy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, when Merck was on top people could care less. People are pissed with all these cuts the shares remain. Absolutely no reason to have two reps for one job. These moms should share one computer, car, etc. They both get benefits (not half). Both shares go to meetings and extra work for ctls. Why do we bend over for these mams gaming the system?
    Not to fear, I know first hand that the shares are the first to be rebadged.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top 10 workplace for working moms.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They get no respect for the same reason every other Merck deep gets no respect. What they do is a joke.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nice quote jack ass! think childcare grows on trees? You don't think they do things on their days off? Suck it DB!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF do you need a storage unit for? Don't you dopes own a house?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes short fat "man" herre

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you serious, does Merck truly have job shares? Other pharma companies got rid of them many years ago.
    HR disaster and causes way too many problems if you work in a cluster environment. Good luck with that one.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Valid point..........but why not convert all those who make it into a game, into a REAL part time gig?

Finally catch up with the ones cut the corners, work the system, take advantage?

........Kiddie drop, 8:00/8:30.......off to Starbucks for Morning Joe.......detour to the gym, forget samples, running late! One call down, then rfm, munch and jive. One more call then off for a Dunkin Latte and pick up the kids. Check mark a few calls while waiting for the bell.....off to soccer by 3:30PM!! Ipad and computer locked in the trunk for the night! What a day!!! Workin' hard for the money!