Foreshadowing

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 19, 2014 at 8:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's telling Riad and Jan to send out restructuring messages to the field? Do they have to do it for legal reasons?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No that's what WARN is for. The messages are to keep the sales force on edge and motivate performance since that's the biggest criteria for who stays or goes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the tip! So what you are saying, if you want out of Merck you have to screw up? And Riad is being paid by Merck to create Jihad on the salesforce? Well then it is time to goof off big timeā€¦This reverse psphcology stuff will backfire for sure. Since many want out of Merck as the company continues to decline in many ways.

:)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HR at Merck believes that a certain amount of uneasiness about their job security keeps employees focus sharp so this is the perfect time to instill a touch of fear.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just D.I.D....dial it down...HR can reorganize however they want to and you working 50 hours a week or 15 won't come in to play.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. It is all about Location, Location, Location. Out of your control.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep the salesforce on edge? If Merck takes it time holding an ax over the head of reps for too long productivity will fall sharply. Layoffs will be a constant distraction until you are certain you will be kept or gone. They have to make it short and sweet. It would be a mistake productivity wise if the word is out and action is not immediate.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much Xanax do the want their sales force on?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to the Queen, I'm ready for the axe to fall. Can't wait, actually.

I've surpassed my Merck income already. A moonlighting move I'll forever smile about, added to a Merck job I'll forever frown about.

Give my my severance and let me be done with this horrible place.