Cephalon Oncology

Discussion in 'Cephalon' started by Anonymous, Oct 11, 2010 at 8:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for another biotech company in oncology and am wondering what the culture is like at cephalon in this division. Every other biotech company's forum is full of complaints yet whenever I look at this company there's no mention from the oncology division. Does that mean that everyone is satisfied working for this company? My company will be laying off in 2011 and I'm looking at other opportunities within oncology. Is your division hiring or expanding?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful who you work for(manager). I've heard they had weird hiring practices for managers, many of them are from one company. I worked with their latest hire(manager) when we were rep teammates at another company and can't believe he was promoted to the position. Not a team player or real supporting type of personality. I don't live in his area but feel sorry for the reps who do, they will not be supported. The drug, Treanda goes off patent in a couple of years, not sure what they have in the pipeline... I'm in the same boat as you, looking around ...have you looked at Dendreon or outside of Onc?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MBO days are here!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like most expansions 3 yrs ago it was good, but recent upper mgmnt has been a revolving door with no clear direction. Thank goodness treanda is a great drug and selling it is fun. Otherwise, the culture has dimenished significantly with the Corp Integ agreement, MBOs, reduced bonuses and now merit increases are half of the inflation rate. I know..I have a job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I have a job too....we don't have Oncology people running Oncology anymore. No news of a new drug. It seems like we are just another division..... Frank B is no longer with us..and the bean counter who is running the show is cutting back at a time Cephalon is doing so well with Treanda. I wonder if the strategy moving forward is to sell the company.