Does COBI suck and why? Let me count the ways.

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're sponsoring these events? LMAO!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you think you are a "partner" in their office? And you sponsor halloween parties, poker nights, strip clubs, and christmas parties for their families with the funds j&j allocates specifically towards educational in-services and programs? You are deluded, unprofessional criminal. Let's see how much of a "partner" you are to their practice when you have absolutely no funds for in-services and programs and the company finally monitors your "tips", "office supplies", "parking & tolls", and "caterers" like they should be. Let's see how if your territory is changed early next year with the next realignment and you no longer have any of the funds you have been stealing from j&j and all your customers are new, how willing your new customers would be to get to know you and embrace you as their "partner". You are stealing money from the company and deserve to be fired. Real practitioners don't see reps anymore, even those with long-term relationships because you have nothing LEGIT AND LEGAL to offer them. They don't want to be associated with criminals because that's what you are. You are a thief and a crook and deserve to be fired and prosecuted. I have absolutely no respect for you and your manager who knowingly approves your fraudulent expense reports.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong! Soon to be announced!! Listen to how Rob uses his words in the meeting. This lunch may be your last supper!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's either that or lose to Orencia and/or Humira. Reps were forced to do it!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no idea how much pressure some managers put on their reps. If you have a high Orencia uptake in your territory, you have no other choice than to do whatever you have to do to get your numbers up and please your manager.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From reading these boards it seems like the reps promoting remicade, simponi, or stelara are the only ones at cobi feeling any pressure to sell these days. Doesn't seem like the onc reps are expected to produce any sales results for procrit or doxil. Upper management is letting the onc reps coast and always keeps lowering expectations for this group for some reason. Don't uinderstand why this is the case for a drug like doxil which has so much potential for growth. Why are the reps in the onc group getting away with being so complacent when the other divisions are expected to produce? Seems like the onc reps are being coddled and sheltered which makes no sense. Does the company really need all these onc reps when the docs don't even see reps anymore? Seems like a collassal waste of money on cobi's part without any revenue from product sales. Glad I left ortho biotech in early 2004 for a real onc opportunity in biotech but still keep in touch with a few reps and can't believe what the company is letting them get away with. Amazingly high salaries for zero work expectations. In a profession such as sales, no less. And no, I'm not bitter. I've been keeping sharp and working hard since I left ortho biotech and am very satisfied where I am. It really doesn't bode well for the cobi onc reps to continue being so lazy and complacent in this economy. They will be in for a rude awakening if they ever get downsized. Sorry to see that the onc division continues to go downhill. Before aranesp came out there were exceptional reps and managers at the company. Anyone with any motivation and ambition left the company as soon as it became apparent that ortho biotech couldn't handle any form of competition. Sad to see what's become of the onc division and the calibre of the people left. Lots of luck to the hangers-on. They'll need it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Centocor hasn't been number 1 since 2003 when the Enbrel shortage caused sales to spike. It was short lived when Humira entered and crushed your lazy bottoms!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PharmExec Article: Outsourcing Reps is Interesting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Managing the Middle
    Jul 1, 2010
    By: Nancy Lurker
    Pharmaceutical Executive

« Previous123Next »

Integrated Account Teams

Other cost-effective approaches to field coverage encompass an account team focused on group practices, representing a complete portfolio of appropriate brands from their company rather than one or two lead brands. This team could include a customer service representative, a primary or specialty representative, and a clinical nurse educator. With this approach, the team is able to leverage existing relationships within various practices, and integrate brands where appropriate for a treatment protocol.

Regional teams have also made a comeback, with several large biopharmaceutical companies taking the lead. The industry is recognizing that regionally focused teams are better able to address the managed-care environment, differences in disease prevalence and incidence, and patient and provider demographics within their region. Yet being flexible enough to deploy the different rep requirements now necessary at a regional level is difficult with only an in-house team.

Pulsing/seasonal representatives and syndicated or shared teams are two popular models often supplied by outsourcing partners due to the need to rapidly respond to market conditions, or minimize the disruption of the internal team, particularly when short-term engagements are needed or maintaining cost efficiencies is a priority.

The Strategic Move to Outsourcing

While this internal restructuring is important, it is a stopgap. Creating a permanently flexible and scalable sales organization that can withstand the strain of changing market conditions is the true challenge. Most of the industry is now responding with an emphasis on outsourced promotional services providers, which can build in this flexibility at a more favorable cost profile, while maintaining high standards for quality and impact.

Outsourced promotional service providers have undergone a shift in perception by the industry since their inception, when they were viewed simply as Contract Sales Organizations (CSOs) or "rent-a-reps." Five years ago, outsourced sales representatives accounted for a respectable percentage of the total industry-wide biopharmaceutical sales force. By 2007, their numbers were reduced significantly as the industry cut outsourced representatives first, when they had to address falling margins. However, in light of the various pressures now faced by the industry, outsourced promotional services providers have evolved from a simple vendor-based solution into long term strategic partners. As a result, the numbers of outsourced sales representatives are again climbing, and their role is now more integral to the promotional mix. Expectations are that the number of outsourced representatives will continue to grow, overtaking earlier highs by 2013, as the industry further reduces its internal teams.

Why this dramatic shift? When sales outsourcing first came to the marketplace to meet the growing need of the industry, outsourced reps were deployed mostly in bolted-on, mirrored team situations to support a launch or growth brand. Teams were self-standing, using outsourcer-provided or client management, or both. Performance expectations were set strictly on the number of details made—reach and frequency—rather than the impact of those efforts on sales. Despite the demand for outsourced sales personnel, many in the industry viewed the CSO representative as inferior to the company's own personnel. Although results often proved contrary to this belief, it was a hard impression to shake, and utilization of sales outsourcing lagged way behind the industry's outsourcing of research, development and manufacturing.

Today, that has all changed. Due to the availability of downsized, highly skilled sales professionals in virtually every therapeutic category, the quality and ability of an outsourced representative to drive impact are now on par with internal reps. Major biopharmaceutical companies hesitant to use CSO teams before the downturn have now found reason to strategically partner with outsourced promotional service providers. In fact, most of the major biopharmaceutical companies are now working with at least two different outsourced providers to meet their varied field requirements. Many smaller, emerging companies almost exclusively use outsourced sales reps, not having the resources or risk-tolerance to support the infrastructure necessary to field an in-house team.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COBI doesn't suck, dude. COBI rules! Did you hear BBizzle today? They love the buy in! And I'm the best rep they have at playing that. Nobody looking at my expense reports, dude. They're saying, hey, that dude makes the number for the WHOLE COMPANY! I get a free pass, dudes. Sweet! And a 50k bonus too. Wait until you see me next sales strategy. It will blow you away, and make me a lot of cash. And they will love me for it, dude!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO! Funny stuff. Outsource a sales force that is clueless for the first two years they are selling anything. I think the GED crew should work well for COBI. LMAO!!!!!! Funny Funny Funny! Those temp forces are known for their quality....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, if you uneducated lazy clowns can learn how to sell biologics, so can a monkey. The contract sales companies hire reps that are experienced and qualified in selling biotech and pharma agents in specific and specialized areas such as onc, hem, rheum, neuro, etc. Training for you new hire idiots is only 2 weeks. And most of you turds came from big pharma without experience in the specialites you're selling in today. Anyone can get up to speed quickly and will have no problem day 1 out in the field. And they'll actually be willing to work and prove themselves. Biotech companies like genentech, genzyme, celgene, biogen idec, etc etc etc are laying off like crazy now. Those reps that have the misfortune of being downsized today are hardworking and are ready to work at half their previous salaries without any benefits just so they can pay their bills. You cobi reps have a sense of entitlement and superiority that is delusional and unwarranted. Not one of you are responsible for the success of cobi products. It is all smoke and mirrors in how you manipulate the data every month to fake your numbers so you look like you're moving product. Stop knocking the contract sales reps. You will be one of them in less than two years when jnj finally wisens up to the industry trends.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't matter to me. I'm retiring at fifty anyway with a boat load of bucks I made here.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dude we don't suck. numbers on the rise man. so i pay for the sweet 16 or a hooker or two. big deal. its about access and what gains access is king. got it dude. we all win access = scripts. and scripts = $$$. and $$$ = fame. dude i am famous, not go look at some excel spreadsheet in the office and remember one thing. before a revenue producing position goes down your excel position will go down. dude you need me so just keep looking the other way. got to go man, the limo full of DR's is ready to move on to the next strip club...mr dude

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yuo do what it takes. Great work, dude!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Professional all he way