Another re-org?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So latest rumor flying around today is that there's another re-org in the process, possibly moving CP and MG out of their VP status and making them the equivalent of regional managers. Anyone lend some truth to this? My guess is that an announcement will be made 'soon' but who knows ...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They tend to lay people off on Fridays before lunch making announcements shortly thereafter. I would find any reason to avoid going in to the office today.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Announcement made! Looks like they are listening and flattening the field org charts a little. Works for me! Wow, great move in the right direction!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So any more news about the GM stuff? I saw the announcement but nothing else other than what a few random people have said about their own territory.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow....awfully quiet here for a while. Did PPS put out a gag order on everyone?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just the calm before the storm, corp is making everyone use their vacation time during Christmas, so layoffs to follow since they won't have to pay for unused vacation time. scumbags!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought about that during the conference call yesterday. Clever if true yes...also horrible...yes

On a side note they want to become a total home health company...I think there might be a total name change in the near future

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot of company's do that it's the norm for the holidays, if you don't use your vacation time who's fault is it really? Stop playing victim, or be road kill.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They want to become a total health company? They cannot even make money providing 02, how are the going to become a "total" health company?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your an idiot, its an expense whether they pay it out or not. It happens every year, nothing new.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AND every year they lay off a bunch of people after the holidays & right before bonuses. Hope your brown nosing keeps you employed.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again you have no idea what your talking about, I have witnessed several rounds (large and small) of lay off's and they never once coincided with the holiday's or bonus pay. My comment has nothing to do with brown nosing, but it does point out lies spewed by people like you. How does you out brown nosing? Please enlighten me with your expertise knowledge of the inner working's of PPS.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have decided post like these are written by someone who does not and has not worked at PPS. I think they are trolling and just looking for arguments. They get random info from previous post so they sound like they know something. YES PPS has laid people off before AND after holidays, because I had to be one that had to do it! So, Troll, go argue elsewhere.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I'm glad you made that decision, good for you champ. Again your wrong, I actually spent many years with the company. Tell me smart guy, how many layoff waves have you seen just prior to the holiday's or bonus time? Inquiring minds want to know!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, Move along Troll.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think what they might mean is that they need to expand the product offering for all DME. Peddling 02 only and jumping in and out of the CPAP business is not what the full service DME's do. Full service would mean beds, wheelchairs and everything else that is considered DME. Apria does offer a complete product offering. The name change is needed because Pacific Pulmonary is a known name for bad things and a new name could provide some cover from the company's checkered history. Crooks liars and thieves come to mind when PPS is mentioned. I am not a employee, but I do think these are the moves I would have made a long time ago if I was the CEO.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Changing the name will make PPS look even more guilty. Can you imagine a PCC talking to a potential referel source; "yeah, we were named Pacific Pulmonary Services, but we had to change our name after we were raided by the FBI, investigated for Medicare fraud, and fined by the state of California for not properly paying for overtime, but that has all changed now that we have a new name. ."

To all of a sudden go into the "bent medal" business would require a huge amount of costly infrastructure; from new vans to larger facilities for warehousing, to a tracking system, tech traning, not to mention the actual cost of purchasing the equiptment, which they will need to pay cash for because they have no credit. It doesn't matter I guess as long as Teijin is writing the checks. Good luck!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you. I would hope the PCC's wouldn't go into an office and say those types of statements, although I have found that PCC's do say some stupid and non-company things so you might be right on that point as well.

You are also spot on as far as pulling in all DME. Not only what you said, but it also requires billers who know and understand how to bill for those items, PCC's that need to understand how to sell to that, and the training aspect of all of that is also enormous. Not sure how a company that has lost millions over the past few years can even think about doing anything like that. Baffles the mind. Also, I hope they have a well thought out "plan". This company is not known for well thought out business decisions. They also just got rid of a lot of good people a few months ago that they could have utilized in these solutions. Guess another batch of highly paid, no nothing about our company consultants are on their way!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we thought Peak Sleep was a money pit, imagine how screwed up this venture into full service DME is going to get? Get your popcorn! I wonder if anyone is going to lose their job over this fantastic plan.