Mass hiring?

Discussion in 'ConvaTec' started by Anonymous, Jun 8, 2013 at 1:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tick.....tock......tick......tock.......just you wait and see. The end of year, have no fear cause more restructure and cuts there will be. Average performers, under performing divisions say goodbye cause you don't look so good on the KB sell plan. Mr valentine feels his new reps will save him from the career suicide he committed by coming to the Con. And his little follower Anita is tracking your every move via Orion so enter your every call. haven't heard from anyone at Skillman, cause the only thing they could say is "here is who left this week". So jump on in to the wonderful Con if you don't want to believe all the posts. But compare the Cons posts to any other company and you will see....tick...tock....tick.....tock.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone please confirm the following:

- What company(s) DOES NOT require some type of call log/tracking?
    - What company(s) DOES NOT require year over year growth?
    - What company(s) DOES NOT require accountability while allowing you to drive a company car with a fuel card and provide salary and benefits for your family?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been Ortho rep for over 10 years. Never been tracked.....I hit my number so I can hold all I want.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*Golf. And company car takes me

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you're blissfully happy at ConvaCrap.....you must be another member of the current Legion of Dumb pretending to lead this company. Instead of continuing with your line of stupid questions let's ask these:

- What company(s) DOES NOT have ANY intelligent corporate leadership?
    - What company(s) DOES NOT have a clue on how to formulate a comp plan?
    - What company(s) DOES NOT have less than 75% turnover of their sales force?
    - What company(s) DOES NOT have a future vision other than to continue buying the wrong companies(see:AbViser, Engenex), developing in-house product flops(see; foam dressings/surgical cover) or blatantly duplicating the competition's product(see Coloplast)??.....all that and yet still, nothing ever translates into incremental sales volume increases?

Hmmmmm, sounds like ConvaCrap to me!! The current bunch of corporate dead heads and their little bobblehead yes men/women new hires will continue to run around doing much of the same re-tread garbage and desperately hold on while trying to dump this mess on someone foolish enough to buy it. Will be fun to watch from a distance while driving my new company car with fuel card, salary, benefits, no comical ORION sham of a program, a real comp plan that is paid monthly(and not cancelled when too much money is paid out mid-year) at a Fortune 100 company with an actual future.

Enjoy your trainwreck....;)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your response was brilliant! Like you, I have fled this disaster--75 per cent turnover?--I really think it is higher. Like you i am paid (lots of) commissions monthly, no one tracks me DAILY, or even WEEKLY--only monthly reports...delightful! The saps and losers who think The Con is nirvana deserve the abuse and chaos hourly dished out to them. Also work for a Fortune 100 company who actually like their people--PRICELESS

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello Anita and MV. You show such good collaboration when you team up.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO....the funny part is it took both those idiots all week to come up with that post!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think this is the only company that's worse than Intuitive Surgical!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree to a certain level of "tracking" if you want to call it that, and that many sales organizations do want to see that you are "out there" doing what you can to grow the business. Those organizations would like to see that their team members have a plan and targets and know what is going on in their accounts. If we are expected to spend such a large percentage of our time filling in reports, creating reports and being in fear, it is just not productive or healthy. The current Orion phases of re-launch are beyond stupid. Don't mess with my Outlook Contacts. I will be the one to update them and do not need Orion syncing them from my report. I do not need the Orion - Outlook calendar to tell me where to go at what time or the drive time. Really? Some fields that are missing in the Orion report is eye color of clinician, if they are "hot" or single.

There is a point when all this tracking becomes creepy and that is where this company is at now. There needs to be a at least a perceived trust in the company you work for or with. I have no trust in upper management and believe they could be moving closer to putting tracking chips in our heads so they can track our every move.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And speaking of trust... what kind of sales organization doesn't give out annual performance reviews? I understand that MV was new to the org in early 2013, but does he think 2012 didn't happen?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All true. What value do the latest Orion fields of phone and email provide to the sales teams? Zero value and it just adds to the waste of time it takes to complete a report that does not aid the sales team's success at all, Zero value. There is no purpose and just busy work. When my spouse is commenting on all the night and weekend hours I spend filling out reports, preparing for the next day, following up on activities from the current day, one has to ask "for what" ? It will never be enough, and there is NO TRUST and now fleeting REWARDS.

There is no trust in management, no trust there is a future here, no trust from customers that their current tm will be there for them in a month so why not convert to S&N, 3M, Medline or one of the others. Most of our products are now commoditiies so when ConvaTec Reps revolve like a door, and products are "me too", customers do not trust we will be there to follow new products through, or support the products they already purchase from us. In many accounts, the ConvaTec Representative is what made the difference, what made ConvaTec the company they once were. Can we get that back? Not on the current path.

On top of all that, I have had several great customers tell me not to brinig my manager in with me anymore as their time is so limited and they already see 3 Convatec reps and they want to bring their managers in too. "Please respect our limited time".

So please ConvaTec Management, respect us and trust us as that is how you will see the sales results you want and need. I believe most adults respond best when they are trusted and rewarded. We are not 12.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately your clear thoughts & rationale are lost on the current management dipshits that are in charge of your future. The saddest part of the situation is that your customers are completely aware of the ongoing, endless inner turmoil that is occurring at ConvaDump and want no part of it any longer. There are many other quality product choices for them out there and they have told me that they prefer to partner with a company that creates/supports a positive corporate culture and that has the same TM for more than 6 months. It is common knowledge to your customers and everybody in the industry what a laughing stock ConvaTurd has evolved into over the past few years. You would fare better with a bunch of 12 year olds running ConvaSuck than the existing group of no-talent, brain dead, ass-kissing imbeciles whose only reason to go to work is to see how much further they can stick their collective heads up each others asses.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad but true . Way too much turn-over in the field. Customers do not want to see managers, they want reps they can Depend on ---long term. Nor do our customers want to see mentally deficient VPs who no NOTHING about our products, (oh, extra credit for getting rid of some of the most useless recently). Management- get your sh t together, and deal with the FACT that you need respected reps to interact with OUR customers. This crazy rep turn-over has to stop...For all concerned party's sake, most especially yours.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a catch 22. ConvaTec thinks bringing in entirely new sales teams will solve everything, and they are even paying them more than good TMs that have managed to keep their jobs for even 10 years or more. That is wrong. The reality is, these new hires (VPs, RSms and TMs) only take the positions with ConvaTec because they are out truly of options. They have been out of a job for so long that ConvaTec simply looks better than unemployment. So what we end up with is a fresh team of mostly, hate to say it, losers and idiots. Is this the strategy of winners? Lets hire the people no one else wants. If you want to be one of those newbies, welcome aboard.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely accurate post and SOOOOOOOOOOOO true of the existing culture....so happy to be gone from this freak show!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The dismissal of the brain-dead, utterly inept, and useless-as-a bag-of-shit VP for the northeast a few Fridays ago is to be roundly applauded. Skillman finally made one right decison so far this year

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Want to know what you'll be getting into if you take a job here. MV is a bumbling duffus who has given up trying to make a decision because the mafia (KB and JB) are really running the show. He has been pretty much been told that JB makes all of the decisions. So he brought on Anita to run marketing and sales because god forbid he actually knows how to communicate or run the business as a pres should. Anita is so good at understanding the business she doesn't even need to talk to a TM or go on one sales call cause her pharma background makes her a pro at med sales. Wonder why you dont hear from folks at skillman cause all they could tell you is who has been run off by anita, JB, MV and KB. And watch out remaining old regime marketers (JD, MK) Anita questions all you do and is constantly documenting what she believes she can use to fire you. TMs she is closely monitoring you as well, keep up with that Orion because she is pulling weekly reports and documenting you if you do not complete because it is cause for dismissal. Oh yes and if you are thinking about working here, know that the 70% plus of new hires here, those FOJs are making more than any other tms. To top it off, KB, JB and Anita are having a pow wow at skillman and bringing in folks from the field to find out why moral is so bad! Oh yes, even the board sees that turnover is 3xs that of industry standard and has ordered KB to have this meeting. Otherwise, he would never have asked for these folks to come in. JB and KB care so little about the co they won't even move here, just fly in and out weekly, getting airline miles and sucking up our commission dollars. Everyone in the field is either looking or coasting through the summer and really hate their jobs so good ol KB and MV will have to force fill the Channel again to make their numbers. These are some of the reasons there are monthly mass hirings.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome post and 100% accurate!! Bully management techniques not working as all recently hired pharma reps have lost interest and fill in make believe weekly Orion calls that Anita Lovelace swallows whole....KB, MV, JB and the rest of the Wish-I-Had-A-Clue Crew better phone a friend for some new tactics fast....before they hafta hire an entire new sales force....AGAIN!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto!!