Novartis Buys GlaxoSmithKline's Oncology Unit for $14.5 Billion

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so few interactions for oncology reps with docs and in hospitals the last several years its a wonder any jobs still exist for any of these companies.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a fair point. But do you think any large company (especially in this industry) really cares about individuals? I'm getting out. If I happen to still be around for the retention bonus, fine. If not, that's fine to. I agree that 15k shouldn't be the primary consideration when it comes to your long term career and aspirations.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. By the end of the year. Simply buying time to clear antitrust reviews. Once they get the green light, this thing is done immediately.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now, if a time line is defined, the question becomes how soon until cuts are made? Novartis cuts to GSK oncology and GSK cuts to Novartis Vaccines.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really trust a cafepharma post as a reliable source of information?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust CAFEPHARMA? Yes, there is great, accurate info on here especially relative to GSK's race based bonus structure!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As opposed to the spin you get from company leaders who need you to stay and work towards hitting milestones so they get large bonuses? I have a brain and can weigh my options of what everyone is saying

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I now see the genius in the sell-off of Oncology by Witty and Dierdre. They're able to get rid of some of the most negative, self-centered, back-stabbing employees without having to have a layoff.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While leaving behind the biggest kiss-arse, do-nothing-but-repeat-the-mantra, management yes-men (and women) to continue the (mis)fortunes of the company as it sinks to total oblivion. Yeah, I can see that too.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With Afinitor being indicated only after progression on Sutent or Nexavar, this poses a major issue for Novartis. There have been discussions on creating sales forces by disease state, solid tumor vs. HEM, etc. One thing is for sure, Novartis does not have enough people to promote a combined GSK/NVS portfolio. For those of you who are worried about losing your job, by all means do what's best for your sanity. There are a lot of opportunities in Oncology today. For those who want to stay, your jobs will most likely be saved as Novartis will not be able to have new people trained to sell your products. As a person who has worked at Novartis for 16 years, I'm always prepared for downsizing. I have dodged many bullets here however if your sales numbers are consistent, meaning you've never had a poor rating in the last 2 out of 3 years, you will have a job here. The combination of our two companies is a great thing when you consider the combined pipelines and current in-line drugs. One thing is for sure in this industry. Change is inevitable. Just when you get comfortable doing what we do, another re-organization takes place. New districts are created. You may report to a new manager. Your geography is modified. All in all, it's something we just have to get used to. Best of luck to everyone. Our 1H meeting has been postponed until the merger is in place.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the nicely written information. We just heard that the transaction will be done by December 31st. Hope we all have a job for the time being and once the dust settles we all know there will be reorganization and downsizing. That is a part of our industry and we all have to face it no matter what. I appreciate the inside of Novartis Oncology .

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody heard anything new? Will GSK reps have to re-interview for jobs? When will the announcement occur?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is this deal closing? I'm hearing Jan 15'

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

May be but the recent announcement says Feb 2nd.
    Will any body miss GSK? I think I will. After working for so long it will.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Announcement of 3 R&D centers for Vaccines. 2 in Europe and 1 in the US. Where will it be in the US? NC? PA? or Cambridge? Somewhere else?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 in USA to be decided where

1 in Europe in current Belgian site

3rd location not decided - could be Europe such as Sienna or AsiaPac

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My bet is Philly for the US

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will this nonsense end? It is February 2nd and we're still here waiting to get out!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current date is March 2nd and has been for some time.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EU cleared the transaction . Keeping my finger crossed.