Changes?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Oct 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the planned changes? Any inside info on layoffs, timelines, or actual changes? I am getting the impression business as usual - are we waiting to see if Q4 turns the ship in the right direction before any reorganization?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard anything new, but with new meds coming out that HAVE to replace older ones it I am concerned how cuts would help achieve stronger sales? I hope more time is given to those effected.

It doesn't take a business genius to know coverage equals sales. Keep hammering that point home to whoever listens, you can't win if your going to price yourself out of the market.

We aren't even having this convo if greedy ppl didn't screw things up.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right on the money "coverage equals sales" unfortunately that was in the old sales models. Under PF coverage only means covering your ass and studying/ scamming tests and simulations. Coverage means demonstrating BA SK and CE I front of the trained monkey of a FLL. KPI's look great in theory but in the real world docs get a bit turned off when they see a GSK reps once or twice a week and tries to evaluate his entire practice, manage care contracts and entire prescribing habit for the past 7 years. In 2-4 years you will not recognize GSK or it will be bought out and swallowed up by another company.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Changes?
    My territory changed again dramatically.
    My dm is begging me for 10-12 calls on targets; they want to see me twice a week.
    So nothing has changed.
    As the French say, the more things change, the more they stay the same. All f...ed up.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really only 10-12 a day. We are required to see 13-15 a day and all must be providers. Geez you have it easy

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding? Where are you working?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be a southern rep from 1995

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our FBM is practically foaming at the mouth with frequency attainment. We've never seen anything like it before, it's metrics "uber alles" and everything else is of secondary importance. What's going on? Drop the second shoe already and get it over with. Transparency NOW!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One topic being discussed by Field Managers is the lack of value CAMs and HAMs are to the company. They offer nothing but smoke and mirrors to our customers. The question being asked and should continue to be asked by all of us is, what does a CAM/HAM do or offer that a field rep cannot? Please give us a direct answer. Don't give us some convoluted explanation of C-suite dialogue that creates pull-through opportunities. (you see how ridiculous that sounds)? Give us an actual example of something your team does that generates an Rx. The way I see it, each of those positions costs the company $150K annually...a piece! I know we have at least 100 of those positions across the country..at least! My math shows that by using that conservative number, cutting those positions would save GSK $15,000,000 annually. May not sound like much, but its a start. Get rid of those lazy individuals first. It's the right thing to do!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for continuing to repeat you comments about CAMs and HAMs. Maybe you could repeat it again for another 100 times because we just didn't understand it when you made your comments all those hundreds of other times of the course of the last few months.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last post, NO PROBLEM!!! The only thing the company listens too is a law suit filed against them or....being beat over the head with complaints!!! I will continue and I will tell every manager and rep who will listen. My next step is to go viral! I want GSK to finally do the right thing...even if I have to use gorilla like tactics!!! You know what we are saying is right! Just curious, are you one of those overpaid, do nothing, double speaking, job justifying CAMs/HAMs? I'll bet you are! The rest of us are tired of you taking credit for the fields hard work! We are tired of you acting as if you are superior! If I have anything do say about it, you will be in the unemployment line with the rest of us.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP #10 must be a CAM to be whining like a big ol baby . CAM or HAM or SPAM its all alphabet soup. They are all silly positions almost as worthless as PF

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they as worthless as your posts?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really don't think big picture. There are only 45 CAMs and 4 directors/managers do you really think cutting that small number of people will even make a blip on the balance sheet? The cam team is very nimble and is the go to team to test out marketing strategies and implement changes overnight. based on what my rvp shared with me, the account management team has shown increased revenue/sales for GSK by as much as 10% compared to accounts that don't have a cam. They are a key part to larger independent practices. Everyone is scrambling right now to make additional calls so Sr. sr. Mgmt can see numbers and deliver value.

Wait until next week when you hear about the proposed changes....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big picture??? Are you kidding me!!! Yes the CAM division is small but it is worthless!!!Cut that division and save $10,000,000 per year!! Yes, a drop in the bucket, but you should not keep your job while others lose theirs because your division is small. If that were the case, keep all of the CVMU team in place. They are small and ACTUALLY GENERATE REAL RXS. as far as your piloting some bull$hit marketing initiatives, give it a rest already!! You guys don't do anything the field reps can't do. Give us ONE example of what you do that the field is not already doing??Just ONE!! Let's see, you offer the reps as a pull-through mechanism? That's what we do every day. Hmmm, you offer the MSL as a resource to high level providers. WE DO THAT ALL DAY EVERY DAY!!!! You guys need to go!!! Your division is a part of what brings moral down. You make $150K+ for doing NOTHING!!!!!!!! I will continue to shout it as loud a I can to everyone who will listen!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAMs are too important . We bring value much more the Gen Pharma ever will . It is just a fact. Our fearless leaders think so . We will be around after all the deadbeats are gone!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the last post: Your comments are sad and unfortunately probably true. I will still make a lot of noise letting everyone know that your role is worthless and that everyone in the field feels the same way. At some point the issue will have to be addressed. you folks should be ashamed every time you cash your pay check! The Kardashians give more value. You people don't even offer mindless entertainment. You do NOTHING productive! Again, give us ONE thing you do that field reps are not already doing...just one. I'm going to bring this issue up on every conference call and meeting. Every town hall and in every hall! I'll be damned if I lose my job while you keep yours. I actually work and help make the company money.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot of anger you've got there. You seem to hate the CAMs as much as you hate DC.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If CAMs were replaced by Canned Hams we wouldn't notice... Actually we would--things wouid improve!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. CAMs are a joke and a waste of money. Problem is that upper management thinks they "add value".