Time to shut down NIBR

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, May 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. KMA MFer

KMA MFer Guest

Re: Time to fuck yourself - cause no one else will

What have I told you about drinking before you post ... It makes you sound dumber than you could possibly be - I implore you, FIND A TWELVE STEP PROGRAM ... IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR LIFE, RAISE YOURSELF ESTEEM - and help you out of wanting to be a sale rep ... Serious, aren't you better than that ? (If the answer is no ... Please don't read this post)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Time to fire all the reps while NIBR develops the next thing

Are you referring to failed research? Wait please don't answer it's a rhetorical question.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIexQD7QYvo

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oooohhh

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that we can stipulate that we all agree that research paid for by a company should generate something usefull correct? And we can further stipulate that useful, to a Pharma company results in something that results in benefits to patients and that can be profitably marketed.

So with this we can define a useful dichotmy - useful and not.

Since it is a well established fact that there has not benn much, if any, useful research by NIBR in it long history with Novartis, not much, if any, useful research in Pharma in general in the last 30 years since most just generated treatments for those already covered by existing drugs, we can stipulate that we can all agree that current pharma research is in the later catagory.

Since it is obvious that most all researchers currently at NIBR or in all of Pharma Research has been there for the last 30 years we can again stipulate that we can all agree that those researchers have participated and lead research that is the later.

And since it is true that only research can develop new treatments but also true that the current research and researchers have not, we can conclude that all you researchers deserve to be future Ramen noodle eating Post Docs so that you can be replaced by other researches who are competent enough to produce useful research.

You can run but you can't hide from the facts, you cloistered in your own very LITTLE world of a posing little turd of a supposed scientist!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no matter what else, the current lack of performance from NIBR is the best argument for big reductions, cleaning house and removing much of old dead wood and getting as much of a fresh start as we can.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in marketing and I agree with the guy in research. Their performance in generating interesting early molecules should be commended. It's too bad the sales organization was full of cry babies who did little to grow the business which has resulted in signficant layoffs.

You can spend your time complaining on this board and blaming others, you loser pussies or actually produce in your NEXT job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, let me guess, this particular case here at Novartis / NIBR can be generalized across the entire Pharma Industry? Let me guess, thou aren't aware that there is a general pipeline crisis across all Pharma ESPECIALLY when one considered the fact the vast majority of the "new" treatments Pharma has produced in the last 30 years are simply "me-too" drugs that either treat conditions already addressed with drugs on the market or generics.

Got news for you "Mr Pharma Marketer". Those non-value added drugs were the bread and butter of US Pharma for 30 years so your entire career was most probably spent flogging non-value add drugs. So, if as you said, if the sales orgs hadn't "grown the business" over the last 30 years by flogging this shit you, or many like you, wouldn't be here doing this now.

Those days are over, over, over. Obamacare's economic incentives have deflated the non-valiue add teet pussies like you have made a career on and this is just the beginning of that end. Pussies like you are going to find your ass out of the street because the US Pharma market is now set on a glide path to look ever more like Europe and the per patient spend for marketing their is ~ ⅓ what it is here.

So long and good luck, "making new markets" in another field.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know if they laid off 300 from NIBr no one would notice

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me preface this by saying that I've not been a part of NIBR for a VERY long time. So, I can't comment on recent activity. However? I can say this: there once was a time when researchers were allowed/encouraged to actually work on projects that had merit. Projects that were scientifically sound and that had a hope of helping patients. That does not seem to be the case anymore. Now? Only projects sanctioned by upper management (i.e. pet projects) get the green light. So, if you want to place the blame for lack of marketable drugs? Blame management. Not the researchers. They (researchers) really do want to help patients and cure diseases. But, without management support? It'll never happen.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be a conspiracy because new drug production has basically shut don all across pharma for 20 years.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this has been obvious for the past decade, at minimum...

when are the researchers going to grab some sack and use their gift of reason and logic to say no to senior management?

or is the pay that good to keep your mouth shut and not rock the boat?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When are the researchers all across Pharma Research "going to grab some sack" and look at the root cause of that lack of new drugs in general? Let me give you morons a fuukin' hint. The data shows that is is ALL ACROSS the entire Pharma research industry and it has persisted much longer than the "past decade".

The problem with your "whining" here is that you don't even try to live up to the sane standards as you purport to do in your research. Unless you do this is simply whining.

So stop whining or shut-the-fuuk up!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take a dose of your own medicine!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dec 2011 - Science, published by the AAS.

"According to the Factbook, the pharmaceutical industry discovered and released on the global market just 21 "new molecular entities" in 2010. (A significant number of new drugs each year are derived from already marketed drugs."

Hemorrhaging jobs

Expert observers believe that big pharma is stuck, largely due to a broken drug discovery process. “Everyone’s frantically trying to come up with something because of course the rewards of finding a good drug that meets an unmet medical need … are tremendous still,” Lowe says. But, right now, “no one really knows how to increase the number of clinical successes.” All we really know how to do is to "cut costs on the other end,” he says.

"Whether big pharma will ever come back is another open question".

http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_magazine/previous_issues/articles/2011_12_09/caredit.a1100136

If by "Take a dose of your own medicine" you meant bring some facts and data to the discussion instead of whining then does this count.

But somehow I don't think that you did mean that. I think that you'd rather not hear the facts. I hope that you and your scientific colleagues use more reason in your work than you do here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, just wow.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't say better, let alone a million times. The ones I know live by the co-oped credo "good scientists copy, great scientists steal." Taking credit for the ideas of your collegeages and staff doesn't make a scientist better. As for publishing in fist tier journals, most scientific advances are published outside of magazines such as Nature or Science. Political muscle is not the same as scientific quality.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is all noise. You still have to produce something useful - and NIBR hasn't.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have produced . . . . . excuses on CP!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And they need some Cheese to go with that whine!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The right sizing plans are set. Absolutely no more Development. No other Depts eliminated but many cut deep but with some new depts added. Overall reductions but not bad.