Time to shut down NIBR

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, May 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is NIBR hiring and building when they don't produce any useful molecules. All they do are stupid research projects like some academic center. They dont even know they work for a company. They always get 1.5 multiplier each year. Mark Fishman is too powerful and has ruined Novartis. Blowing billions each year on stupid pet projects and not executing studies.

Time to shut down the waste. We're get our best assets externally anyway.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't get billions.

And even if they got a 1.5 most are still probably making less than you.

If you think you are so smart and can do better, get your PhD in Biochemistry and go discover them yourself.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the attitude!! Who sez scientists cant tell us whassup? Way to play the biochem PhD DAWG!!! Types like u might be able to find a drug versus, well, BUYING one instead !!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What have you actually discovered (beside how to burn through cash without generating revenue) ? Please share .

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what we have discovered this far: NIBR will not produce anything because it neither has a culture and nor does it have a soul. The blind leading the blind. Creativity does not flourish in an environment of fear and intimidation. Right now, the shop is in transition to China - the first step towards shutdown. NIBR leadership keeps milking the co until the cow is dry and will jump ship sooner or later. Until then: BS, best in class, BS, BS ...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so sick of this stupid, dirt for brains, sales and marketing, driven culture. You sh*t heads wouldn't know innovation if it bit you on your big fat I-drive-around-all-day-useless behind. You FN dummy

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, time to shut down NIBR. No quality molecules. billions a year wasted. Building goes on in Cambridge. Fishman stands on the top floor of his luxury building ruining the company. DUmbass.

Do they know NIBR is supposed to be part of a pharma company and not a university doing stupid experiments to get publications rather than products?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have hit it on the head about the university ideology that embraces NIBR and its production of an Ivory Tower. It looks like GPL's are trying to pad their CV's with posters and abstracts in order to recieve tenure. Patients are now subjects, and publications and authorship have replaced scientific integrity.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As someone who has at least a passing familiarity with NIBR i must say that i reluctantly agree. NIBR does not seem to recognize it is part of a pharm company. It is run like an academic entity& a poorly run entity at that. Leadership is wishywashy. All decisions need the rubberstamp of management (seems like people wont even go to the bathroom without management input/approval) plus endless committee approvals. How can any meaningfull work get done if everyone is always sitting around talking instead of doing?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the Novartis way. Not just a NIBR issue.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

much of facts above are true. billions spent on NIBR, run like a University (not a company), not one compound to be proud of yet - unless you claim Ilaris a success. fishman should be reigned in with some reality - track w/ metrics their success and reward accordingly. not 1.5x a yr arbitrarily

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The second (DA Heads; Head Europe) and third level of comand (Unit Heads) in NIBR are the problem

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this coming from the first level of command?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is the worst manager at NIBR and why?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look no further than Oncology Translational Medicine....they have enough

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not from your company (was a long long time ago), but don't they have targets for "number of candidates that enter each R&D phase? I realize they don't conduct clinical work, but a measure of their effectiveness would be how many projects make it into man (phase I), and so on all the way to approval. That research center has been running about a decade, so they should be acountable for a certain number of phase I-III projects by now. What are the numbers?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

drugs that really work: -1

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 NMEs per year

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not much. Can't you set up an experiement and make 100's in one afternoon?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Time to fire all the worthless sale reps

If this ridiculous company has any chance at all for survival it should keep funding NIBR and fire all of you worthless sales reps. The only hope is in biologics.