EXPECTATION MEMO'S

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, May 7, 2011 at 1:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's with RP wanting more!!! Expectation Memo's to go out to the reps. Is this another way to scare us into more sales or a way to legally fire us when they have no grounds??? Work your ass off for this company and they kick you in the balls!!! The economy sucks, dentists are switching to lasers, we work twice as hard and we are standing still. Why don't these guys see that there are factors that we cannot control no matter how hard we sell. Oh how I wish for the days before JNJ sold us!!

Anyone get an expectation memo???? Or should I say firing letter?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard nothing of it

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yah I heard of them. RM's are passing them out according to the new TOOTSIE report. No longed have to meet quarterly goals, have to meet monthly goals. RM goes back 12 months and counts how many months you met the monthly goal. If low you get this Memo that outlines what you have to do in a month or you get fired. Some strange things are happening at OP. Start getting those Resume's tuned up! Looks like a big sweep.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're kidding right????? Every one is on the chopping block. Wake up and look around.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is crazy. If everyone who is low and doesn't meet what they have to do n a month they would have to fire them all. If they don't they are going to get bombarded with lawsuits by the ones who did get fired. This isn't fair and they would loose a big chunck of the sales force if they do fire everyone. What the fuck is going on. Don't they realize people aren't going to wait around to get fired and will find another job. So fire or quit they are going to hurt the company by losing AM 's out of their territories. Just who is running this ship? Get a new captain that doesn't drink!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This ship hasn't had a rudder in a long time!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am at the bottom of my region, doing awful! Not proud of it but I am trying my best. But I didn't get any memo thing. Is this posting just some scare tactic by OP to get us to work harder? I do not understand any of this. How could I be doing to bad and no memo??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Letters of Discipline" getting thrown out at OraPharma like beads at Mardi Gras.

Sneeze during a Lunch and Learn? - NOT ACCEPTABLE... wear blue on Tuesday? - NOT ACCEPTABLE... work less than 80 hours a week? - NOT ACCEPTABLE... have a family AND the audacity to want to spend time with them? - NOT ACCEPTABLE...

AM accountability = 100%
    OraPharma accountability = ZERO

Anyone remember the January sales meeting? Were you encouraged? Were you motivated? Did you see bright a bright future for OraPharma? Were the concerns of the JnJ sale all washed away with pretty words and promises of basking on the beaches of Hawaii?

THEY LIED.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the BEST description of what is going on OP that I have heard!! Yes they LIED!! And all the Not Acceptables are right on target!!

"...like beads at Mardi Gras" You are right except we don't have to show our ta-tas to get them, in fact if we did show them we wouldn't be getting these Letters of Discipline.

As far as ZERO accountability for OP. How many programs have they flogged us to institute and then decided that all our time was wasted because they pulled the program. Any remember OralCDX as just ONE example. Get a storage locker for Listerine. Oh wait no that's not acceptable, cram all that Listerine into your home. Do they not realize hauling a bunch of Listerine into an office takes away from trying to sell Arestin and now try to fight against lasers. Why aren't we embracing lasers and selling them ourselves along with Arestin to be used together???? Are these people asleep. Lasers are going to take over and if we do not push Arestin to be used with lasers all we will be doing is hauling Listerine. What's in the pipeline. NOTHING!!!!

Roger has a a dart board in his office that listS a bunch of bullshit programs for us to institute. RM'S meet, throw a dart and flog the sales force to institute it. Woops, that didn't work, let's try something else. Now it's trying to get offices to do tons of paperwork to see if medical plans will pay for Arestin. Notice Roger's memo never mentioned how we were doing in this. INSTEAD HE TRIED TO SPIN THE NUMBERS TO SHOW HOW GREAT THE SALES FORCE IS DOING. WHAT A JOKE!! Insurance companies are going to get wise and stop paying and another one bites the dust.

Well, not to forget the original post, congrats to you for a GREAT on the spot posting!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, I place the blame on the sales force. I am an ex-OP rep here who left over 4 years ago. I saw the writing on the wall then and knew that OP wasn't the place to be. The reps were to lazy and just punched it in. Now ypur whining that you might be fired because the company blows and no one is hitting their #? What were you thinking 3 years ago when they still only had 1 product, What were you thinking 3 years ago when mgmt still lacked any direction? seriously, if you couldn't see the writing on the wall years ago and you were just to lazy to anything about it, then that's your fault. You think they care if they fire reps and take them out of their territories. Obviously the company is not perfoming well, a clean sweep might be good for them

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, well, this sounds like something that would come right out of RP's mouth! Lazy sales force!! That's a good one. Out of reach goals in a country that is losing their jobs, houses, $50.00 bucks to gas up the car and losing hospitalization including dental insurance. When people can't afford food they sure as hell aren't going to the dentist for Arestin. But OP doesn't want to pay bonus's so make those goals high and flog the sales force when they can't meet them. You say a clean sweep would be good. It's a proven fact that a territory loses 50% of sales when a rep leaves a territory. And then awhile to find a replacement and rebuild the sales. You think that would be good for OP. Thank goodness you quit. With that attitude OP would be out of business tomorrow. How many jobs have you had since getting shit canned from OP?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Roger, stay off CF. You're running this company into the ground and thinking scaring everyone into getting you some number so you look good sucks. You suck as a manager and soon (please please please) someone will notice you are the problem and shit can you with no verbal warning or letters of expectations as we don't expect anything out of you but bullshit and incompetence.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's something else to ponder. Sales force is doing so shitty that only 10 people got to 100% last year so awards had to be given to people who did not. When did that ever happen before. Previously this same sales force was able to produce at least 40 people makeing Innesphere.

Now this quarter these bullshit expectation memo's are going out and people jobs are on the line. What do the genius RP do. He schedules a NSM in San Diego the second to the last week of the quarter. We will be out of our territories for a week when we should be making a "big push" to meet goal!!!!!! Great management RP. Pull the sales force right when they need to be in their territories the most. ASSHOLE!!

It almost seems like RP is intentionally undermining our moral and our sales so we don't make goal. I wouldn't put anything past him!!!!

Wakeup Waterhouse and look at who is the REAL problem in this company. Roger Peterson!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you got a Memo that give you thirty days to meet all the listed expectations what happens. They start firing people? If no one gets fired RP can stick these Memo's up his ass. And there seems to be a lot of unfairness in who got these Memo's. People who are doing bad got them them but people who are doing worse in the same region didn't. RP is using personal relationships to make the choices of who get the Memo. Like make an example of someone they don't like. They are trying to keep who got the Memos a secret so we can't see how unfair they have been. But reps talk and they are leaving themselves wide open for discrimination lawsuits. RP hasn't a clue how to run a company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why doesn't anyone notice that Roger is the problem that this company is imploding? And some of the RM's are total incompetents. Clean up the management and this company will turn around immediately! Plus try treating the salesforce like we are more than mindless order takers. We are professionals. Try treating us with some respect. Wake up Roger. We want to make goal. We know what we are doing and we work all day, weekends, nights, plus paperwork up the ass when we should spend some time with our families. This company has gone down the tubes and isn't going to get better until Roger is gone and a good, competent person is put in his place.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It almost seems like RP is intentionally undermining our moral and our sales so we don't make goal. I wouldn't put anything past him!!!!

I would agree 100%! I am sick and tired of being reprimanded for little things! 107% to goal so far for the year and I get talked to about paperwork, dress code and dinner programs??? Bottom line is, RP has some kind of twisted authority complex. His lack of personal accountability for his actions have driven the company to the low point its at. RS, JV and OPHA need to look around at the good people they have and see this problem, before the good folks move on to better companies!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what Rogers problem is exactly but one thing is blatantly clear, he has no clue what he is doing and is dragging the company down the sewer. Reprimanding you for such petty things is inexcusable. And why doesn't our managers stand up for us instead of doing Rogers dirty work??????!!!!!!!! What happened to patient care? It's money money money and stupid things Roger comes up with that waste our time and then he drops because he finally has to face reality and cancel out the stupid things he has us doing. I feel bad for you since you are making goal and taking care of your customers and still get flogged! That sucks!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, it's getting near the end of the month. In the Memo's we have to jump over required hoops. What happens if we don't make one of them. There are so many that are stupid do we get fired for not having enough dinner programs? The letter say we have to meet the things listed but is not limited to them. So they can fire us for anything. I wonder how many are going to get dumped for stupid things. Let's see how "low" Roger can stoop!!! He is the problem. Get rid of him and this company will turn around. Also don't forget that if you do good and make goal this month they will be sure to jack your goals up higher next quarter to make sure you can't make them and all this bullshit starts again. Is this how we will work from now on. Constant threats of firing to make us jump higher and higher. Fun huh???? Roger and your suck as manager need to go!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" Fun huh????"

Are you serious. Why is it Roger's job to make work fun? You have a warped sense of how work should be for you. By no means am I taking Roger's side in this fight, but you sense of self titlement is hilarious. The company was having major issues years ago. If you didn't see the writing on the wall back then, then you deserve this pathetic role within this pathetic company. For god sake's, you sell one product

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "fun" part was sarcasm. Something obviously you do not understand. No it is not Rodger's job to make our jobs fun!!! But it is his job to treat us with respect and treat us like adults. If we aren't doing our job fire us. But when we are doing our job and he keeps raising the bar higher and higher and then flogging us for not being able to jump that high, that is not respect or a system of inspiring a sales force. And that IS HIS JOB as well as all the managers. Running a company by fear is bullshit.

By the way this is not a fight as you put it. It is management trying to scare the sales force and that just plain sucks!

Also, your statement "but you sense of self titlement is hilarious". Try spelling and proper word usage instead of the bullshit you post. It's "your" and "self entitlement". Just trying to help you out so you don't look so uneducated.

We do not have a sense of self entitlement, as you put it. Every employee in every company should be treated with respect and not ruled by fear. That is hardly self entitlement. Look up the definition dumass. LOL