Pfizer Help Desk

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, May 5, 2011 at 2:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do they find these employees? Am I routed to India?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be India or Costa Rica. The point is these people are CHEAP - really CHEAP. Nobody cares if your problem gets fixed. The metrics for them are all about closing tickets fast and keeping the BT cost at rock bottom. It is pretty funny when they say their name is Fred or Betty and you know it's really an unpronounceable name with 22 letters and only 2 vowels.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just like Jugdish from Animal House.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had to ask him 4 times what his question was. That was just to get the question "What is your computers serial number". I am glad it was nothing serious because I would have been on the phone for hours. I love the taking over of America.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You actually have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe learn something before you spout off.

The help desk is a third party vendor that Pfizer hires. Pfizer pays the vendor based on number of calls (i.e. more problems = more calls = more money spent). It's actually in the best interest of the Help Desk company not to solve your problem because if you have to call back they get paid again. The entire system is a joke....Pfizer compounds this problem by telling it's employees to "call the help desk" for everything when in fact it would be better if people tried to solve their problems on their own before calling.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're the lucky ones. PGS uses a Pfizer helpline staffed in Canada. They can be understood, they are efficient and know what information is needed. If you give them the queue name to send the ticket on to it's a snap.

It's talking to the third world for the rest of you saps..........

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, when I was told help desk may get around $50 per call, I was floored. Out of principle, will try to solve own problems and use help desk as last resort.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Costa Rica gets $11 per/call... Tulsa AMER Help desk for Field Force and overflow gets $22 per/call...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, if you know the queue name you can get past the first-line help desk immediately. However, an even bigger problem is that most application support has been farmed out to the Third World too. Computer applications that have 10,000 Pfizer users may be supported by only 3 or 4 people in the U.S. and all other support is third-party contract in India. It's a disaster.