Job ???

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Aug 18, 2011 at 3:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewing for a position? I need a job so Could I get the upside? What's a day like 9 to 4 or 8 to 8?? , real expected money? chance to Move from Am to Rd? Is it getting better?? Thanks.

Mark

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Day is what you want to put into it. Mine is usually 7:30-4:30. Then 1-2 hrs after my kids go to bed to enter calls, do admin and plan my next day. Depending on what part of the country you're in and your experience starting salary is around 65-70K, bonuses for coming in right at goal every month is ~20K, but not being met by more than 20% of the sales force. Direct move from AM to RM has occured only once in company history. Promotions to Speciality or Corporate Accts is more likely but only ~15% of recent positions have been filled from existing employee promotions. RM is 2 or 3 steps beyond an AM and don't look to your current RM to help you move up within the company. They want you to hit your number so they look good and be promoted! They don't care what happens to you.
    Is it getting better? Better for you than being unemployed, but your happiness and success is all contingent on your attitude, expectations and results! Good luck!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with all of the above but like to add that this company is very management top heavy. Also the office personnel get lots of perks, even going on the AM's reward trip for excellent sales during the year. JP and Janet are hiring their friends to upper management making jobs for them so your chances of advancement will be nill just like us. I do not agree with the starting pay either. Much lower. The $20 bonus is if you make every quarter which is so very hard to do because if you do make a quarter they jack up your next so there is no way to make it. But on the other hand there is a lot of teachers pets that get their goals lowered even if they make goal. The goal procedure is not fair and they make it so convoluted that there is no way to figure out how they figure your goal. Lots of people have been fired or quit because of the Under Achievment Memos that you are served if you don't make goal. Consequences of getting a UAM can be termination and they make sure that you know it by verbally beating you up while on one. People usually quit, which is the goal I do beleive. But then there are people who haven't made goal all year and aren't on an UAM. See what I mean about "teachers pet". We have a new Business Manager that we are all hoping will clean up the mess that is here. (Not the "special people of course") This is a company that is digging itself in deep and the weight is on the sales forces shoulders with nothing but abuse. Want to work here?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM ANY JOB WITH THIS COMPANY!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can anyone out there shed some light about trying to do business in NH, VT and ME? any idea why this position is open?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are some good people in management but on the whole this company sucks the life out of the sales force for perks for everyone. If you don't mind getting beat up and treated like shit by all means hire on.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prior rep was very successful. He left to sell implants. Large geography and high revenue.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true 20% of reps make sales goal???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consistently, yes. In 2010 the number of Account Managers who met their annual goal was about 15%. You do receive some bonus dollars for coming in at 90% so from a dollar perspective you may be ok, however you will still be put on action plan or receive a 'Under- expectation memo even if you happen to only come in at 90 or even 99%. Nothing under 100% is acceptable. So be prepared to work your butt off.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget that if you do make goal they bump your goal up higher making it more difficult to reach goal. That carrot is always hanging out of reach for 80-85% of the sales force.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I understand the compensation correctly, the most you can make is roughly 65-70k base and IF you are at plan, 20K annually? So 90K tops? And if you come in at the 90% to goal mark, how much do you make roughly? Are the commissions paid out quarterly? I am currently interviewing and want to know the real deal. Companies are going to tell you what they think you want to hear....any feedback would be very helpful!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes bonuses are paid out quarterly. You are able to receive commissions as well for anything over 100%. The commission % will be discussed by your manager. (Honestly, I have no idea what the % is since I haven't received it or been close since they has this comp plan the last 2 years) Bonuses are acquired monthy. If you hit 90% to plan every month you could receive $15K/ yr ($1250/ mo) Remember only about 50% of AM will hit even 90% to goal for each month. OP does not use the bonus and commission program to compensate for expected performance. It's intended to cater to the exceptional only.
    If you want guarantees, I wouldn't count on anything except your base salary. Everything else, be ready to bust your a$$! Best of luck.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the honest feedback! So, what % of reps do you think make 6 figures if any? I don't mind working my ass off but I want the incentive to be there as well.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I made exactly 100K, made up of bonuses, contests, commissons and awards the year I came in the Top 5 of all Account Managers. Due usually to the fact that OP jacks up our goal so unrealistically for the following year if you do hit it. I havent make over abt 70K max, any year since then. I'd guess that there's probably 10% who will hit over 100K when the commissions are Added.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job is difficult and hours will vary. I am not sure of 100+ performers but I am sure bases vary depending on experience. You are interviewing at a time of change and there are new directors and new home office teams. The director in the West is very good. He was trained by the East director so it apprears upper management is strong including the CEO. I have been here less than a year and there are a lot of changes but the company is hitting its number. I do not hear layoff talk like my old job which is a relief when you have kids. Good luck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also have come in right at the top and made a heafty six figures. They of course jacked up my bonus goals but I still continue to make six figures even though I do not make goal every quarter. So I guess there are no guarantees. It might all depend on what your base salary is. If you are almost to 6 figures it is easy to continue to make 6 figures. Of course the company will try to do everything possible to get rid of you if you have a high base. So you my friend are in a hard spot. Low base, make goal, goal raised higher and higher no matter how hard you work your butt off. High base you are a target! Unless you are desperate for a job move on to something better.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being here only a year you are not privy to what has been going on in this company. Many years ago we were so top heavy with managers it was rediculous. Slowly but surely they got rid of them all. Now we are moving back to the top heavy with managers. They are bringing all their friends and giving them jobs. You say you don't hear lay off talk. What do you think those UEM's are. They put people on them, ride them and abuse them and they quit. No lay off. If they quit no severence pay. Better than a lay off for OP. Don't become relaxed too soon. An UEM is right around the corner and you are gone!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the honest responses, its quite refreshing on CP! I was wondering if doing this job would either pigeon hole you or open doors for other things such as implant sales, etc? Even if the pay wasn't ideal, if this job would get me experience to move on to something better, it would be worth it to me. Also, I know people hate this question and I know its trivial but I was wondering what kind of company cars you get as reps? Clearly not a deciding factor but more curiosity than anything. Thanks!