Apparently Merck enjoys providing corporate welfare!!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 10, 2013 at 4:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is presently carrying 30 to 40% more employees than
    are actually needed...

Frazier asleep at the wheel, or just doesn't really care...

Merck carrys on as a bloated, obsolete corporate gorilla...

Producing nothing of value and handing out free paychecks to
    their part time work force...

shameful...FU MERCK!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea and they are all either managers or executives! This place is full out outsourcing the minions. What and see what they do to us reps!

FU MERCK!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Pat Couniham a VP with only three employees?

Does that pass the red faced test

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is always amazing to think how long this has gone on at Merck...If they were not able to have such high profit margins, the charade would come crashing down...Perhaps healthcare reform will force Merck to look more realistically at their business, and the number of employees needed to excecute their strategy. (Assuming they have one.)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do not need to wait very long and your question will become very obvious.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aren't you such a loyal merckoid!!! FU!! and FU MERCK!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a broad vocabulary you enjoy mimics the empty mind. I will enjoy what is about to engage your career.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK merckette... You butt kissing reps are in for a rude awakening!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be clear - I am the butt you need to kiss. If you show me displeasure - bye bye

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

spending that money on Cubist will turn out to be the latest boondoggle…what an epic fail.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We at Cubist love it. Just unloaded a ton of options with a cost base of $18.00 a share. Thanks to Merck it is going to be a very Merry Christmas!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope you have all your eggs in order. I will be firing any rep that I get from cubist. My fellow managers have also pledged that they will fire you. I can't wait to make you homeless and your family angry at you because you can't put a roof over their head!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS - spoken by someone who has no authority. A Manager or Director would never be so stupid to post such a thing. Another Merck rep fearful for their own job and trying to cause the Cubist reps grief. Have you no shame? I would expect a bake-off where the reps from both Cubist and Merck are weighed against each other and the best man/woman wins. Don't expect for Merck to keep you just because you're here. To paraphrase Perlmutter, "we are silly to think that the best and brightest are here in Merck - we need to look outside". This is a perfect opportunity to bring in fresh blood. Welcome Cubist

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not sure Merck's optimization strategies are making any difference in headcount. they just laid off salespeople but expanded the number of NAEs. now we've got multiple NAEs calling on single accounts doing the same thing that failed miserably 5 years ago. not only should 1 NAE be able to do the entire job but they will find out real quick that they dont have a job because most C suite execs and department heads wont speak with them.
    i'm not sure why we dont get rid of NAEs altogether and just have the local reps take on the responsiblity. there are plenty of reps who have access issues and can easily handle their own job and the part time work that a NAE does. a half job plus a half job equals 1 job

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention at 1/2 the salary expense at least!