Why Merck going outside company to fill the IDS Lead positions?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 20, 2014 at 4:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck's has posted a number of "Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) Lead" positions.
    Two questions:
    (1) Why are we not promoting from within for these jobs? (2) Our "customers" would be members of the so-called "C-Suite." How and why are we trying to get in front of the "C-suite" customers?

I have talked to a number of friends outside Merck who have jobs like this and they all tell me that it is a joke. No CEO, CFO, CNO wants to hear from us. Most pharmaceutical companies respond with "we want 1 person as the point of contact" for an IDN/hospital/hospital system. What I have learned from most pharma folks (at least from those competitors I have spoken with) is that the person doing this job ends up trying to come to all the hospital reps appointments while never actually getting into the c-suite. Each company tries to sell their own version of a "value-proposition" as being so unique. However, customers see right through that. Thoughts everyone??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh in part you are wrong. Those CEOs etc. Will see them especially when they are handing out big bucks. I have seen many med ctr suddenly smile from ear to ear when that check is passed. Yes we have handed over millions to several institutions. Just bribes of course but everyone closes their eyes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just need to do what Pelkowski in the West is doing.....prolly sucking c*ck of some low level exec and reporting "great re;ationships with the C-suite"! Little wonder she is despised by all the reps she work with (read interferes with). She's a classic example of someone who has achieved NOTHING with any of the accounts she works with.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its a lose / lose. IDNs have no interest in pharma. They are focused on employer contracts through HMOs and reducing liability. Pharma has little to offer them other than lunch and samples.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I personally witnessed a handover of one BIG check / completely corrupt.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Vaccine Division made this same mistake last year. They eliminated their Public Sector team so they could create a new team focused on IDS (VKCLs) hiring a number of people from outside and others inside Merck, but they did not know vaccines. It has been a complete disaster. Vaccines lost a bunch of knowledgeable people as a result and took their eye off of their most important group of customers - states, public health, etc. Business was in the tank last year. The HR person from Vaccines was bragging that her "model" for the VKCLs is now being used for the new IDS team. Look out! Another disaster in the making.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They funded a complete clinic in Pittsburgh several years ago. The CEO hated / hates industry.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is meant by they funded an entire clinic? Whom?

What is wrong with that?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty, it was a bribe for access and a special sampling program.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When are they filling the IDS Lead jobs. They were posted a while ago.