Do you feel STUCK in the purgatory that is Merck??

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many people actually find the job of being a drug rep fullfilling or even
    challenging at this point?? I mean, if ordering lunch for people, and making
    smalltalk and gibberish with a few nurses actually stimulates you, you probably
    don't feel stuck in this job...you may even enjoy it...(Hard for me to comprehend
    any intelligent human being liking it--but to each his/her own) As a long time
    Merckoid who left a few weeks ago, I am saddened and embarrassed by what
    the company and the job had become...No longer wanted to be associated in any
    way with it...(ANd boy, do I wish I could just erase of all it from my resume!!)

But for those of you that feel stuck, (no matter how many years in or your age)
    I am curious why you stay stuck in a company that has nothing but contempt
    for you? (And whose lies and fabrications are so thinkly veiled?)

Why do people get so stuck in pharma sales...(Aside from money which is the obvious
    answer)

While you waste your time catering lunches, there are people out there (even in this
    dismal economy) learning new skills, getting promotions, getting real raises, making
    good steady bonuses...

ARE U STUCK?? WELL ARE YA??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I enjoy my job. I have fun selling, remain interested in science, and I like the overwhelming majority of my customers, colleagues and managers. What gets old are the same crap posts you start on CP. Every single one reads the exact same way. You must be so bored and limited in your vocabulary skills that you keep repeating the same garbage and hope for a bunch of lemmings to chime in on your drivel. Well, I chimed in, but I do not feel stuck. I hope you escape from your rut.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea, I like my job too....but the problem is management doesn't like many of the reps much anymore.

Maybe it is pugatory....but that must mean we're on the brink of heaven!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heaven is realized the moment you leave Merck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in heaven! I enjoyed selling, yes selling, to the most intelligent customers one can sell however what the hell happened to my former company? The Board needs to find a cutting edge visionary CEO scientist(not P.Kim) to lead this company and ensure R&D $$ are spent working on the next big somethings. It will be the only way to turn this ship around in the long term.
    Plus, upper and middle sales leadership needs to be purged and replaced with the best leadership in the industry who know how to sell and motivate a sales organization to want to do the best they possibly can each and every day. What was with all that intimidation and negativity the last 5-10 years? Happy to say I have a fabulous job using all the skills I learned at Merck along with receiving all the retirement benefits I paid forward and earned for 30 years.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be some kind of idiot. Or you are just trying to stir something up. Either way you are full of Sh%T. Talking about lemmings I believe you qualify.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That poster is masochistic. He enjoys pains and sufferings. Oh well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The correct line is:

ARE U STUCK?? WELL ARE YA, PUNK???

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, if you actually enjoy the pharma job now, and think you make a difference (oh, and are somehow truly involved in the "science" of it), then you, my friend, are an idiot.
    The job is so mundane and robotic it's ridiculous. No job satisfaction whatsoever. Why do you think all the bubble-headed Barbies and Kens are hired now?? You don't have to be remotely intelligent to perform the current pharma rep job; just able to memorize and follow directions to a T. Someone like you NEEDS to stay in a job like this. If it's satisfying to you then you are either just lazy, or too scared to leave the money and work a "real" sales job.
    And this is coming from someone who was in the industry when it actually WAS good.
    Stay in YOUR rut, pal, and keep enjoying your childish and demeaning job. It suits you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

perfect!! well said and a savage indictment of what pharma has become in one paragraph....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo…well said…the job is a joke.