Openings?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2012 at 9:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I see on this board are comments about massive layoffs, but there are a couple of opeings in the Atlanta area? Why? I'm not currently in pharma, but believe it or not have heard good things about the company, good money, etc. Just curious why anyone would consider putting in there given all the layoffs

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone is lying to you.
    Have you read these boards? Googled the company to see how many suits are against them?
    Read about the FBI/DOJ investigations?
    Realize that Pharma is a dying industry? They provide a bandaid and nothing to cure a disease.
    Look to another segment in Medicine that is actually working toward the betterment of humanity. It's not in Pharma.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude- we just laid off almost 4000 people- 70% of the sales force- there will be more in late november/december as they did in 2010. It has been mapped out with this round. There are openings because people left before the layoff and the co got rid of anyone making too much money. Try and take a job in this hell hole with the environment that is now (as if it could have been worse)- you will curse the day you were here.

Have you not read the boards about how this is a career killer- 100,000 jobs lost in the last 5 years alone- it's not getting better.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As much as I hate to say it this poster is right! We just layed off almost 4,000 people! There are opening because more than likely right after the layoff someone quit as they found another job. I would NOT come here to work as they will be laying off again in Dec or early 013. If you really want to get into pharma (why I don't get it), then go work for a contract pharma sales force as that is the future of pharma..contract sales.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Duh!! How can we have layoffs this fall if we don't hire someone to layoff