CV Division Training

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2015 at 6:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I talked with an ABL buddy of mine today who lost his position in the last wave of cuts. He says it's about to get ugly with training. Novartis is going to adopt a GSK method of training. Supposedly at our meeting in Dallas there will be timed exams, oral exams where you are called out of a group to answer questions, etc. Bonuses for the trimester will be tied to exam performances. Managers are looking to clear out bottom 3rd of reps and hire from the outside before product launch. Could be sour grapes on this guys part, but it didn't sound that way.

Anybody else hearing things like this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It already is that way. There are oral exams in front of the training class, tests, and bonus is tied to the training. I don't know that they are trying to weed out a certain percent of reps but I guess it's possible. If people can't handle the training I wouldn't be surprised to see them let go. Would you expect anything else?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been with this company for years and have never had an oral exam at a training class. And never had bonus tied to training. We got a flat bonus during training. If this is true, it's not a matter of people "handling" the training . It's a matter of Novartis springing this on the field force and then trying to intimidate people rather than treating them like responsible adults who have been solid performers for the company already.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup oral tests coming our way. I even heard there is a written exam at the meeting

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went through Gilenya training this year and the oral boards were a huge part. We had to do them twice! Memorized answers to questions in front of a big group. Not fun...and totally pointless! If not the first time, the second time through was even worse! Plus role plays.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been here for a long time. There is no way they are going to get rid of me. Who cares about their dumb tests.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its going to be brutal. Most intense training ever. The best is we will never use it in the field

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are doing this to get rid of us. I am going to sit at home and do nothing and make them get rid of me.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great companies treat their people well so their people treat their customers well....negative training practices create unhappy reps

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't care about employees being happy or employee retention. If someone leaves it just means one less severance package.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cant wait to hear the BS at the meeting. We been through 5 layoffs, what can they say different? Should be a comedy show. Looking forward to the people that buy in though. Those same people probably believe in Tony Robins and Joel Ostein.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So in Dallas we are going to be given timed exams and oral boards. We haven't even trained on disease state yet?!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"if you believe it, it can happen!"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously. It's laughable. When will leadership get it? Jesus they are such idiots. Ugh.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope Christi becca and Richard r are reading this stuff. Guys......you are a joke!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will be vomiting in our mouths listening to their ego serving, self righteous bs! Such fakes.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate the line they spew "it's personal to me". I say bs you in-house leeches only care about yourselves!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Feb meeting will suck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bif time. Get all trained on stuff we will never use

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do we have training modules on Long-Term Care and Skilled Nursing Facilities? Let's throw in some training on Infusion Centers and GI Labs too. Whatever, any old product or marketplace modules . . put any and everything on the syllabus schedule . . keep 'em busy.