Pharma rehire a joke?

Discussion in 'Procter & Gamble' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do they say that people displaced in the WC acquisition are eligible for rehire, but nothing happens? Some sort of publicity stunt, but why? THose of us sold down the river have been through enough hell, why be cruel by offering hope of rejoining PG/

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is done for the share holders and the news in efforts to have as best PR possible in a bad situation...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is negative pr, deceptive. Why not hire good talent back? Where are the pvp's. I did love my time at P&G but I realize I drank the kool aid. The pvp's are just another pr corporate brain washing technique. I actually believed that after realizing what a terrible thing they put us through with the WC sale, and announcing the rehire, they would make good by rehiring those who were rated well and had good company track records, especially if willing to relocate.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of you are too young to remember, but there was a time when they cut the number of reps. because they wanted to make room for people from a couple of other divisions that were being eliminated. They then came back a year later with an “expansion” and put the displaced people from these other divisions into the spots. What that shows is that they did the best they could to place the displaced people into the slots of original pharma reps they maneuvered out. Now, did they do that this time? No. They knew way in advance that pharma was going to be sold, yet there was very little done to move the best people into other divisions or to keep spots open for us in anticipation of this. I think this was for a number of reasons. One big one is that pharma is paid at a much higher level than other divisions and so moving over is harder on the budgets. In addition to that, they did not think highly of pharma people and so, did not want to keep us.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post # 1. Are you crazy, desperate or both? Why would you want to go back to P&G after they screwed you over? The first time wasn’t painful enough? P&G knew EXACTLY what was going on/what would happen when they sold us all to WC like cheap furniture. P&G is smoke and mirrors when it comes to employees. They talk a good talk but boy look out if you get tangled up in a business unit divesting. Go find another company and considered it a lesson learned. P&G doesn’t want you, they made that abundantly clear.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And even the ones that stayed probably won't be there long. They are paying them the same salaries to drop samples and they have no accountability. Don't you think someone will catch on to this at some point? It should be an entry level job at best.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be jealous because you are flipping burgers........FU

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, still selling (device) but actually have to be accountable for selling something! And making fun of flipping burgers? That takes more brain-power than it does to do your job - don't get too comfortable!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're clueless. P&G has hired back over 70 former pharma employees. maybe you aren't as talented as you think.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

80% are lower paid admins with a handful of Band 1 and 2's coming back. We are like lepers. They really don't want us back. I sure hope the Pringles people get shafted like the Rx employees with the bogus 2 year rule. That was done by PG to get us of the books. Warner knew they were going to be cutting us loose. As a matter of fact P&G is even paying for the packages. That is a fact. Why else do you think they are trying to push every last one out?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really sad for a company that supposedly cares about their employees - there is no such thing any more!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

moved to another division 3 years ago and haven't seen a salary increase yet. working harder and longer hours and dealing with same bullshit with different managers.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a question. Just talked to an old manager of friend and she told me that the RADS got “points” for encouraging reps to take the package. That this was part of their bonus for the year. Anyone know if this is true?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That has always been a feather in a mangers hat!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has always been the practice long as I can remember. It saves the Company verses firing them. Which means unemployment claims which adds additional expense.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still drinking the P&G kool-aid are you? r*****!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! How some things will never change! There never seems to be a serious look at what really happened here. First, I was a PG person shipped to WC. I tried my best to make it work and even made my goal and made bonus. In Dec. still lost my job because I had 15 years and made the top tier salary. Yes, it did suck, but I took a real look at the past three years and realized everyone was to blame. Were there management issues, Oh yes! Were there reps who started at 10am and ended at 2pm. Oh yes! There were reps who busted their humps day after day only to be number 279 out of 500 because formulary coverage in the territory was poor.
    Now, we all have a bad taste in our mouths! We think yelling on Cafe Pharma is the answer and for some it is. I just want you to know there are excellent opportunities out there. I started with a company that, for now, really values its people. I was in a room at a meeting with 20+ year people who were happy. Like it was at P&G years ago. The meeting was exchanging of ideas to help everyone not role plays and finger pointing that we turned into at the end of the P&G run.
    Now, I know the comments are coming, but that is OK! Just take some time and all your experience and keep all your options, eyes and ears open. There are companies that are like P&G used to be. I wish all the best.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could you share which companies? Thank you!