Xolair contract

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's everyone's opinion on whether or not the Xolair sales force will be extended beyond June??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

definitely, we are kicking butt. I heard they will announce something soon.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably. But they will continue to have retention issues with the low salary and bonus.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree...even though we are calling on pcp's, we are promoting a biologic product that is pure specialty and with some, not a lot, of pcp's actually administering in their offices, it's a true specialty sell, not me too! I believe that if they want us sticking around, they better upgrade the salary and bonus structure or why stick around? I'm definitely looking to upgrade my financial situation from here, no question and I would assume most people would do the same!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ho question, better pay up or watch good and tenured reps leave for better paying and more stable gigs! I for one, am looking to get a lot more than a rep would get fresh out of college or something, which is how we are being paid! Yeah I know, better than nothing and plenty of people that "gladly" take my job if I left, blah, blah, blah...just pay good people that you have on this team what they are worth, please!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good news, not great news coming on Monday's conf call. The good news is that our contract with Genentech will be extended. It's not great news because they won't pay us more fricken money to sell a biologic Mab injectable! Poor!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will continue to lose reps with the below average compensation. Question is, do the higher ups with Genentech and Novartis care about the high turnover?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say that both Genentech and Novartis could actually give a rat's a&s about us, personally, even if they extend our contract tomorrow!! I EXPECT Deb O'Connor, lead RSM for inVentiv for the Xolair team to try and get us more money because I agree with you, they will lose reps (like myself) if they don't pony up and pay us more of an acceptable, tenured salary and bonus structure OR they will continue to have to rehire reps all over the place and basically in the end, no consistent sales results will occur in ANY territory...it's like resetting ALL the time and docs and offices would eventually get pissed and not give a da*m apparently just like Genentech and Novartis and even inVentiv apparently don't!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shall we call you Deep Throat?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apparently it wouldn't be "deep pockets" since no raises are forthcoming. People will continue to jump ship when they can.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely 100% agree! I am looking to jump ship! Plus, NO guarantees that we even make it to December on this contract. They want to pay below average salaries for a very technical and specialty sell, then they should expect people to jump ship, plain and simple!
    I personally do NOT believe that Deb is fighting hard enough on our behalf, not saying that she isn't fighting for us, but she picks her battles with the clients and I would bet just abut anything, that salary increases is never even attempted to be negotiated! I hope I'm wrong, but who among us actually thinks we have someone who is fighting tooth and nail for more respected salaries for such a specialty group of sales reps? I don't!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with everything you said except the part about Deb, I've never been on a contract where the project manager/NSD has worked so hard to make the client understand what we're bringing. I'm also interviewing even thought this has been a great experience, I'd love to replace one of the arrogant, apathetic, complacent G reps that inhabit this division but I'll end up somewhere else like the vast majority of us.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is contract work, everybody should have been looking to jump since on day 1.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people knew full well what the salary was when you were hired. Be happy that you weren't told the contract is being cut short.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the starting salary?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They did not say that the contract WILL actually be extended, only that they "hope" that it will be extended to at least December so that's difference and the key. Supposedly awaiting data that won't be available until like late March or early April...wtf?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mind your own damn business

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

guess it depends what time your conference call was, there may be 6 different versions

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course we did. Doesn't mean we wouldn't start looking for a better paying, more stable job on day 1.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On our call we were told that the contract has been extended through the end of 2014.