Covidien company culture

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i know this is a pharma board but since we have been discussing covidien i wanted to ask, does anyone know anything about covidiens surgical sales reputation? i received a call to interview for this company and am interested to get some feedback. i currently work in medical device sales but am not totally happy with my position and company (low pay, no company car, no insurance, etc). covidien promises car, benefits, greater pay... but what about their reputation? i am reading mixed feelings (but mostly negative) regarding the pharma side.

any input would be appreciated.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you answered your own question. Never miss an opportunity to improve. I am pharma and love it. Good people everyone wants you to do well. Most people on here would post this shit no matter where they work

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thx :) so you work for covidien? do you know anything about the surgical sales side?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, the surgical side of the business sells surgical stuff.That surgical stuff is used in surgeries by the surgeons.The surgeons use the surgical stuff on patients during their surgeries.The surgeries are performed in the operating rooms that are in the hospital.The hospital is a buildng where the operating rooms are located and where the surgeries are done.You can find the hospitals by following the blue H signs located near the hospitals where the surgeries are done and the surgeons use the surgical stuff on the patients who have the surgeries.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, I do not. Maybe they have a forum under device.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, the smartass before the last comment is super helpful. Why even bother writing a comment like that I wonder? These boards are to give helpful advice and share thoughts. No reason to b rude. People who leave shitty comments obviously have issues they need to work out. Good luck w that!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He wrote it because it's freakin' FUNNY!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed, very funny! If you're in sales, a guy with that kind of humor is probably also busy closing business...on his schedule...and has time to mock sales people who think they are in any way mission critical. You're in sales!! There is nothing better than a salesperson who takes his job seriously, nothing!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you think about our job is pretty fucking sick. We get paid to literally influence doctors on how to prescribe medicine to their patients if its in their best interests or not. When I got into this field I had no idea the morale hazards involved. Shady business practices to get scripts and even more shady bosses telling to do whatever is necessary.

I literally had a doctor tell me if I was a blonde with a low cut top I would be getting more scripts. What a sick and messed up job and industry. I am getting the fuck out of this soulless existence.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can't take that type of a response from a doc, then you should have quit a long time ago. There are people lining up to take your place. We won't miss you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical ignorant response totally missing the point. You fit in perfectly at covidien. Just because people are lining up to take a job doesn't make it a good one.

The point being made is that a drug rep is a really dirty job in a grey area where you literally push aside human compassion and sympathy for someones true well being so you can make your weekly sales quota. This inst copiers or electronics you are selling to people... You are literally selling treatment to other people. Which covidien is really bad at which is why it just got dropped from the parent company and now has to form its own!! HAHAHAHA

I hope you have learned to fill that nice big hollow hole inside you that should be filled with self accomplishment or pride in what you are doing.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to break it to you, but both of our branded products have really helped people. Both are adding to physicians' treatment regimens. That's the name of the game in pharma. Why you feel such animosity towards the pharma reps is puzzling.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I don't agree 100% with what the other guy is saying I see his point. Morality and sales never mix well. If you can't take being a sample and lunch delivery technician with below average products that doctors really don't need than you shouldn't be in a pharma. This is the land of settling. Get used to it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien Pharma culture SUCKS!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The post is correct. I have been in pharma sales 15 years and have never been or personally knew of any one on a pip. I worked BIG BIG pharma and we just didn't do those. Demoralizing and demotivating. Maybe one or two in the whole region with real issues like never worked on Friday or inventory always wrong. but since I have been with this company Pip seems to be a way of life! Hooray for those who worked thru them and I'm talking these folks are posting decent numbers so why the pip? I've never been on one and would seriously tell someone to go f?!@ themselves. So since the odds are with this company I could get put on one. I'll let you know the day I'm fired for cussing out my manager.

No pip puppy!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a shitty company

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PIPs are the way they "manage" reps at Covidien Pharma. It's a sleazy tactic and they are given to reps that ARE meeting their numbers too. They are generally given to 1 or 2 reps in each district. Look at the roster from the original ramp up of reps from March of 2010, you'll find there is about a 20-30% turnover rate!

If this company makes it on their own once they are spun off from Covidien, I'll be shocked! This is a sleazy/nasty company to work for. Management really cannot be trusted.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What company culture? They eat their young and spit them out. This is a cruel company to work for. I am sure Covidien is glad to be getting RID OF Covidien Pharma. Sad thing is no one wants to buy this screwed up division.