TX Territories

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by Anonymous, Dec 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok...there are 2 positions open in TX: Austin and San Antonio. I know Dallas has been filled. If this disease state is so rare, why aren't the territories bigger? Can anyone shed light on the manager and management style for these territories? I'm wanting to apply.... Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just go back and read the previous threads. The current employees who have been here for more than a few years were gifted some retention stock options and are very much in the money. If my guess is right, most are sitting on about $250,000 from just that transaction alone. And most of the folks at Alexion are very bright. This company is a well oiled machine, capitalizing on the rare orphan space and pretty amazing reimbursement for the most expensive drug in the universe. (Literally)

That said, unless you get a thriving territory, you are not only dead man walking, but you will lose your sanity in the process. I know more than one person at this company who no longer sleeps regularly at night. Be prepared, depending upon the hiring manager, to be called and texted at all hours of the night including weekends. It's just the nature of the aHUS beast. You will become intimately acquainted with stress and panic.

I've met the Texas Manager and he seems pretty nice. And he's a sharp guy. But you need to be all-in with this Alexion gig. Like... 24/7/365 All in! :-0

Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the insight and honesty! I have let "stress and panic" run me over more than a few times in my life and now that I'm older and wiser, I have developed the coping/management skills to keep them at bay...for the most part. :). I'm not familiar with the SA territory in terms of how well or not it has performed. Do you, or anyone, know the history and why it is vacant now? Not a big deal if not. I'm up for the challenge.... Thank you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many folks, myself included, think or thought they had the "coping skills". You have been warned, as I was, and I didn't listen either.

I wish you luck. But please know that when your corporate trainers speak of their tenure at Alexion in "dog years", they are not joking. You will age like something out of a Sci-Fi movie.

As has been said by a previous poster, Alexion is a great company. But, invest in it. Don't work there.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the new division calling on pediatric endos going to be the same stressful fire drill as your division? That also seems very ultra rare orphan, tough access. I'm Guessing expectations will be high.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This made me LMAO! "Age like something out of a Sci-Fi movie"... Well thank God we get a vacation to do some plastic surgery....ha! I DO love your statement about "Alexion being a great company...but invest in it. Don't work there." At first glance, my positive mind read that as Alexion is a great place to work if you "invest" the time and training.... But maybe you really meant me putting my money into the company stock and actually NOT working here. Either way, it doesn't scare. I'm up for a challenge and if the company has the resources to help reps be successful, it can't be THAT hard...? I'm a digger by nature and thrive on asking tons of questions to find a patients. I'll keep you abreast on what I find out. I'm going balls to the wall hard on this one!! Wish me luck!! And thanks again for the honest feedback!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you've made up your mind.

I wish you the best.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you. I
    don't have an interview yet but I have made the decsion to get one!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP: I meant to ask "you" this question before. You mentioned managers calling reps "after hours" and on weekends. What is this about and why would this need to take place? I don't have a huge problem with this IF it is helping a patient and making money.... And not interrupting my sleep... Ha! However, I want your perspective and opinion on this...Thank you!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's much more likely to be harassing you for data on a spreadsheet, asking you for patient information that you (and the provider who shares it with you) could be in a lot of trouble for having. And I'm neither exaggerating, nor saying this as a negative statement. It's honestly the truth. To save yourself a lot of heartache, you really need to talk to reps from the closet directly. Look them up on linked in. Network. And ask the doctors in your area about the disease states and the reps. Until you do that kind of diligence - as you would with any company - you don't have the full picture.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are absolutely correct in speaking with reps and doctors. I will do that. Thank you, sincerely, for your insight.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's also about self promotion, more than what normal sales reps do, on another level. Especially those that have been there more than a few years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget to ask if they visit their second or third vacation home every weekend and where they slip their boat. Price increase anyone?