RBDs making INVOKANA calls in the field

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by Anonymous, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, maybe it's just me, but does it make sense to take the people who are farthest away from the customers, and who do the least amount of selling, and put them in front of the customer to impart their magic? This would be called leading with your weakness. Who thinks that's a good idea? Do you ever notice that when the marketing message has no impact, marketing never gets questioned, but the sales force is always to blame?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just answered your question. The message has no impact because you are not delivering it. "Its called executing on the strategy!" Every friggin rep thinks they know better and do their own thing which is why the RBDs have to come in and deliver. Step aside son and let the adults handle this is my advice for you.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody has to help our share. I'm down to 68% already. We aren't trained on how to sell H2H!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Farxiga kicking ass

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

u gotta be fucking kidding me. Most RBD'S would be shown the door in 99% of my offices. These guys are corporate kool aide climbers..not sales people.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most haven't sold in 15 or 20 years and sold in a VERY different environment. Ours is always giving us this semi tough guy lecture about expressing our absolute need to sit down and talk to the doc about these revolutionary products. The docs would just laugh and show him the door.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Mike Knox needing to show his superior intellect and sales skills....douchebag.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Gang, you gotta have the Sizzle

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like Joe Russo. He is successful despite himself or his managers though.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they making false claims too?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I have to say that most of these guys haven't sold anything in 20 years and think their sales advice is still timely. LOL. They could NEVER pull off the stuff or attitude in front of doctors that they tell us to do. They would get thrown out so fast their little brains would spin.

Also, I wish the company would stop pretending like there is career advancement opportunities for us. Our RBD is famous for making sure no one gets ahead or even gets out of our district. Although HIS CAREER has been varied and worthwhile, it just isn't going to be YOUR career.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of those "Hee Haw" RBDs are so happy NOT to be customer facing. It won't give them any empathy for their reps. But they couldn't move Rx share if their families dependeded on it

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, almost all of them are from a bygone era. The industry has passed them by but they still have advice for us on how to do it, they just can't do it themselves.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No diggity B.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the RBDs and DBMs couldn't make a living selling in today's environment chanting their stilted marketing messages. Could you imagine any of them living the reps life? No. And that is why they traded in their dignity and any independent thoughts that ever entered their minds and went into J&J management. Whatever it takes, right?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stuff our RBD acts like he could say to our doctors would get him thrown out of every office I work in. He should take his 35 years of JNJ money and go away or come sell something in the field and prove he can do it

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PHARMA SALES IS A MARKETING JOB NOT A SALES JOB!!!!! That's why the reps are so expendable. More often than not you are pushing a commoditized product especially if the product is in a disease state with a significant number of patients (i.e. diabetes, cholesterol, asthma, etc.). Furthermore, please someone explain how one can "sell" in an arena (i.e. oncology) where you can't even see customers because they don't perceive you to bring anything of value to justify their time that an internet site can't provide them?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If all the reps are expendable then the so are ALL the managers because they are just a cost to the business.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Knox is THE BIGGEST IDIOT OF ALL!!!!!!! Makes my stomach turn every time he gets on one of his hour long rants. How did he ever get to where he is.