Interviewing w/LifeWatch... please help!

Discussion in 'Lifewatch' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't find a LifeWatch board, so hopefully this will do, maybe some industry advice anyway...

I'm coming from Pharma and thought this may be a better opportunity to get back into tangible selling, make more $, move up the ladder, etc. But of course I don't want to jump into a bad situation, and a lot of the posts here are very negative, which is to be expected on an anonymous board... Can you offer any positive thoughts/opinions on the future of telemetry? Reimbursement? Growth opportunity? Are quotas aggressive yet reasonable?

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for LW for 5 months last year. I was hired to launch a new telemedicine platform along with 20 other seasoned reps. I was lied to from day 1. The company had an outstanding sales year last year, with growth numbers that would shame most companies in the medical industry, especially in this challenging economic enviroment. We all had to take a 5% pay cut, while the company was posting record profits! We were give unrealistic quotas, and if you were making your number additional quota was added to your number at the end of the month, believe it or not! It was by far the worst company I have ever worked for, management was unethical and incompetent. I know you are looking for some positive responses but frankly there is absolutely, positively, nothing positive about LW. Unless you are chronically unemployed or have a terrible work history where you can't get a job anywhere else, stay where you are. I have been in the medical industry for over 26 years so I know what I'm talking about. I just got a call from a friend who was still with LW yesterday, she was fired along with 9 others, no reason, no warning. The same will happen to you. Again unless you are completely lame, without skill, and for some reason can't find a job ANYWHERE ELSE, DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR THIS MESS OF A COMPANY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for LW for 5 months last year, I was hired to launch a new telemedicine platform along with 15 other experienced reps. The company is a complete disaster. I was lied to from day 1, I recieved no direction or support, and after 4 months a decision was made not to launch the product. Management at LW was incompetent and they lied constantly about everything. I have been in the medical business for over 26 years and this was by far the worst company ever. The owner of the company Yakov is a lunatic, he is great at making money for himself but you will pay for his success out of your pocket. Your quota will be "adjusted" so you will never make plan or make money. Unless you are desperate and unemployable, STAY WHERE YOU ARE. LW is one of the worst companies in the medical industry, trust me I know what I'm talking about. I know you are looking for something positive about LW, there is NOTHING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not take this job. Digging ditches would be a better alternative. LW is the most poorly ran company I've ever worked for. BCBS coverage just got halted for ACT, reps are getting fired left and right, the service is ridiculously shitty, management answers 1 out of every 4 e-mails you send them, quotas are insane (when you actually get them, often after the month is OVER), paycuts last year even though record profits, I could go on and on.... Bottom line-- LW is full of scumbags that are ripping of patients, payers and employees. Stay away.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What state were you interviewing? Let you know who would be your boss and there wonderful qualities.

Don't work for lifewatch. Awful place, unstable and management doesn't have a clue.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One out of every FOUR emails....try ONE out of EVERY TEN. No "new service from LW account announcements" available, no diagnostic yields...take a careful look at your HST quota and THE ASP....which is the average of ONLY ONE NIGHT, but we are told to sell for 2 or 3? THEN WHY IS THE ASP REFLECTIVE OF ONLY ONE NIGHT? Do the math, you are getting ripped off. Figure it out. You are not getting the accuarate ASP for commission revenue figurations.

Do not take the job

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG....do yourself a favor and listen to all of the above posts....LW is a horrible company with a bunch of looser mgmt....YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

run!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can second and third the above posts. This company Lifewatch was purchased by Cardguard of Israel about 12 years ago when they had staved off bankruptcy twice. Then Cardguard bought QDS which was the monitoring service out of Atlanta after those geniuses rolled out WEB MD and just jettisoned the CEM business since they made about a gazillion dollars. Cardguard then merged QDS and Lifewatch together. The one mistake was that QDS was a viable company that now was being run by the same rubes that had run this thing called Lifewatch into the ground twice. All the old hens and roosters were now crowing that they could not make this work. This company is an abject failure and until they get the hell out of Chicago and get rid of their internal death wish culture they will be a complete choclate mess.

Best wishes,

LAK