Comments from teleconference today

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So does that satisfy your WARN period? No blue folders handed out today.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, WARN will start June 23

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will hand raise only if I can raise it up the butchers arse as part of the deal.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder if Ken still thinks everybody is happy like he did at the end of EBB? Put this in your review Kenny. You suck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wondering about WARN? 60 days from today is June 30. When does the new alignment go into effect? July1

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So wonder there are layoffs. Heck I haven't seen a good description of whats going on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WARN is 60 days from seperation date, not from today. That's why salary/benefits will be paid through August. Technically you are still an employee through the 60 days.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Ken know about the layoffs? After his EBB yesterday I'm still focused on the horizon, he must have missed the email on Web x today.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be glad this is going to happen sooner than later. It looks like other companies will be following and the unemployment lines are already long. There is not enough openings in pharma for all. Possibly 30% tops. Start to consider going back to school and get a specific degree or a trade.
    If you can't do this, then be prepared for a tuff search. Start updating resume etc.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is being sneaky about the WARN now, Making certain to only let go less than 100 people per month per "facility". Lower Gwynedd is a different facility than West Point, and from Bluebell, Whitehouse is different from Summit, and Rahway.

it is 1 month pay and they about 2 weeks per year depending on your band level. you get paid for accrued vacation (whole days only) then depending on your age you may get bridged to retirement. Which means paying about $100 dollars less than COBRA/month after your severance benefits are up.

Well if you are lucky you might get a job with Astrazeneca oh wait maybe not...

Just remember Mother Merck's new motto BOHICA!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

too funny….sort of sad, but true and funny…

Pharma is a joke.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's your regional VP sayin' about all this?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nuthin' they're all too busy blowin' Bobby Mc to keep their own jobs.