HCV Division - I need your honest thoughts right now!!!!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 1, 2014 at 9:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks...This compares to what I am hearing from the others around the New England area. I will deeply take this into consideration. I really like our management here; They have been good to us - I am leaning against taking the job. I really like Todd Putz. Thanks again for the advice and good luck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are beyond stupid. Gilead is a master within virology. Do your homework you fucking two year old. Who has owned HIV therapy for the past 10 years ? GS...They not only procure great drugs (remember Merck passed on Pharmasset)...but they execute flawlessly and treat the clinicians extremely well.

The morons that speaks about micro management is a typical Merck slug. Merck could fuck up a wet dream...and has many times. Vertex whupped Merck...they took home the bacon, Merck got squat before the 1st generation PIs fell through.

Todd Putz is nice on the face of it, but he brings no knowledge to the marketing/sales lead position.

His boss Jim Curatto is a spoiled ego maniac.

Count on Gilead to fully utilize the lead position they have...the major bolus of patients will be on their agents,,,Abbvie will get some...Merck will get scraps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, Gilead is in a major patent battle on like every continent. Hello? It was just a month or so ago that Germany, France and England awarded another company the key patents for Sovaldi ( the 2' Methyl 2' Flouro ) and that company immediately initiated infringement litigation in the EU. Gilead "Launched at Risk" and faces major penalties (like crushing / put out-of-business type penalties) if they eventually lose.

Merck has excellent results and will be improving on those results with their Generation 2 which has yet to be revealed (I know what it is though). Gilead is screwed!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Gilead is a master within virology" .... Dude do your homework. Do you even know who Dave Barry was (he unfortunately died at an early age). Do you even know the difference between 3tc and emtricitabine? I do. I could draw the molecules out for you by heart. Do you really think that Gilead invented anything? They "got away" with what they did the first time. They "aint" going to get away the second. Dude, 96% (by market cap) of Gilead is stolen property, through two major acquisitions. Both involve major fraud and theft. DO YOUR HOMEWORK and find out before you go spouting off like you really know what you are talking about.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh by the way, Merck invented the whole "Nucleoside Therapeutic class" thang back in 1969 and was the first to patent it. Yes, the sat on their collective ask as trillions of dollars of HIV, Oncology and anti-viral nucleosides were patented and sold by other companies after the original patent was filed. But, Merck was first. US Patent: US 3,480,613

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are all getting layed off too! You and your lousy drugs will never see the light of day. We own the market and always will.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This clueless A-hole is posting everywhere. He's been wrong on everything and his excuse is "it's coming" or "things are moving along nicely". LOL Pathetic

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're so wrong on so many things here. First, admittedly I work at Gilead. Second, we don't have to make 8-10 calls per day. no even close. Right there your credibility is shot. Third, objectives were wrong but everyone in the nation is over 100%. Now we are capped on our end but the national kicker is not and the amount we are getting on that is more than twice what the total quarterly bonus at goal is. I'm ok with that. Most of us will get total bonuses that are greater than 4X the goal. I'm ok with that also.

That's all I'm going to go into except this....you have T.P. The guy (along with others) that looked you in the eye and said there wouldn't be any changes in headcount then laid off 40%. So sit there content and bored until TP tells you again that everything will be fine.