Respiratory force at risk for layoffs

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I ran into the EPBU rep in my territory today. They told me that they will be launching Asmanex HFA 3rd quarter by themselves. WTH? Why would Merck spend that kind of money bringing a me-4 product to market! They said they will still have Dulera, Asmanex Twisthaler and Nasonex. I guess the jobs are going to contract!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Diabetes reps chatting with EPBU have had some insights over the last year too. No secrets out of the bag ........but they sort of make us think contract might be knocking on our doors.....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wondered why they received an rfm budget this yr

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are generally good people, but total robots in the field. They detail by the book the same basic message over and over and hand the Doctor a PI. At a recent lunch I shared with them on their dime, the rep commented how she was surprised that every Doctor she talks to has already heard about Dulera. Really? It's three years old. BTW they are now calling on the exact same targets as we are. Coincidence probably not.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck still making money on Respiratory Franchise Think they would sell off before hand over to part time sales force.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like Merck is into jettisoning business units lately. Why not throw respiratory into the mix?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Resp. franchise is finished. Lipid franchise is as good as finished. Diabetes franchise's clock is ticking and it's faltering.

Every group is at risk for layoffs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in respiratory product development, right now in summit, that developed the product. I'm really scared for my job since they can't decide whether to move us to Rahway or Kenilworth, and all the PhDs that knew anything have left. We have very little work to do yet there are so many of us.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hq info= b group going insomnia with Dulera = larger geographies. One new product and one old.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Respiratory products going over to Inventiv = bye bye B Team

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lipids team not so safe either. Look for major restructuring with layoffs.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Intermune will be hiring a new sales force in the. summer .

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this a national cc as it seems by email it may be at the regional level bit everyone has it at the same time?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regional TC's all happening at 11AM EST.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: What about EPBU sales force

There keeps being mention of Inventiv being the contract company. Do you mean the current EPBU, Pulicis, or is Publicis being ended as well? What about the flex timers currently on the contract?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Inventiv contract which is full time is being let go. Touchpoint Publicis which is the part time contract (EPBU) just got word that they will be launching Asamanex HFA.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It looks like our respiratory division is gasping for breath. Dulera should fix all this, right?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes the respiratory team is having a flare up. Apparently Dulera did not work that well.

:(

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dulera is a me three. No value at all. Merck should do better than this!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EPBU picking up all respiratory products for primary care promotion.