HCV Division - I need your honest thoughts right now!!!!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 1, 2014 at 9:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an offer to go to Gilead but I would have to take a 5k salary reduction. They promise me 30-50K in Bonus plus up. What should I do?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DO NOT TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!! MERCK OWNS HCV GOING FORWARD!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are sooooooooo stupid. take it and get out of this charade now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

go

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if it was me ... I would stay.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that putz division? I trained with that dude. Ask him about Detroit 2007 the CROI meeting....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stay!!!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I would consider that Gilead is the KING right now. I would get out.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much are they paying?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

130K plus bonus and commission. I am soooo confused?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love you

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't love you!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sooooo agree with this poster. HCV is a short lived disease state and the first to market will be king. Merck will be last to market. Even if the product is good they will be late.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gilead will own this market. Abbvie will run a distant second. Merck won't ever even be in the race.

Leave this sh-thole now.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay with the company that caps your salary, no potential for a promotion, will force rank you and how many shares of stock did they give you. Oh and don't forget you may not have a job in a year.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok here's the deal- Gilead has a great drug and they are busy and communication is much better as a company. But, you get micromanaged if you're not communicating with your boss they think you're not working be prepared for emails starting at 6/7 am through 11pm, programs, entering daily calls 8-10 and being picked apart for reach and frequency. The bonus is Fd up !!! The company has their heads up their ass when they made goals- Gilead used current numbers to make goals and then institutions that were holding patients for years and national speakers blew their new prescriptions out the ballpark and Gilead thinks those reps are superstars when really Gilead still doesn't know who the KOLs are and who is actually selling. NY, Miami, Chicago and LA markets blew their goals out and the people in small communities had larger goals makes no sense...

So, if you want to feel run down and trade some issues of boredom to be micromanaged and people scrambling desperately to catch up and understand the a hepattis c market you'll probably feel like you traded one set of issues at Merck for another set at Gilead. Gilead is small and profitable Hep C will only have a few years before it changes for us all. If merck launches in 2015 you'll be happier staying- either enjoy your year of chill out time or Chang for a whole new way of being best down. All the new hep c companies are comparing the market to how they run HIV or HBV and then realize after launch that doesn't work. Abbvie is over hiring and management sucks, BMs will have a short run and BI not looking great.

I'd recommend if you want to leave, get out of hep c or leave for a huge pay raise. Gilead pays up to 150k btw and signing bonus so don't get short sold especially when they have a successful launch of billions of $s already.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so wrong- it doesn't matter who launches first is not like a doctor will be able to put all of their patients on one drug immediately they are choosing groups of patients at a time and there are thousands of people to treat over the next several years

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of this is slightly accurate but keep drinking the Merck Kool-aid