Mother is loveless

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mother is a loveless place
    Cold Heartless Hateful LOVELESS
    No love for customers
    No love for employees
    No love for people
    No love for shareholders
    A dead loveless place
    But isn't "Medicine for the people"?
    Maybe long ago
    But now NO!
    Do we ask what is the best way?
    Or do we ask what will make the most profit?
    Do we ask what will save lives?
    Or do we ask what will look best on Wall Street?
    Are we brave enough to do the RIGHT thing?
    Or are we afraid because "they" won't like our "growth"?

Mother is a loveless place!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?

Mother will I get the June 23rd call??

Hush my drug rep don't you cry!!

Mother's gonna get some nice COBRA for you…

Mother's gonna give you the royal screw…

Mother's gonna keep Merck rep cozy and clean….

ooooohhhh awwwwww….

Mother's gonna get really mean….

Mother did you have to be so loveless?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hush little drug rep don't you cry
    Mother's gonna get you a severance pie.
    And if that severance pie isn't good
    mother's gonna relocate you to a new neighborhood!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A company is incapable of showing love. Kind of like a no show father. Don't expect much.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People tend to think of Merck as their keeper. Once they get into that mindset they just don't want to come out. They don't understand why they were betrayed. They were never betrayed in the first place. It's more like the daddy that you only see when you need the college tuition check. There is really no love there. Good chance he never wanted to see you. Now you have a screwed up child for life. Same thing that is happening now here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a company. That's it. People need to bitching and moaning. This is nothing more than a pity party. Where are the tissues? The music played should be "All by myself".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck traditionally has hired people either right out of college or they had had one or two lower rung jobs when they hit the Merck Jackpot. I.e. " mother Merck." Told em what to do, what to wear, what to think...

So they went from the bubble of home with mommy and daddy to the bubble of college and their frat, then the bubble of Merck. Then when reality hits the fan they just aren't equipped to cope. Not their fault really, they're gonna have to now finally grow up and they just don't want to. The bubble has burst. They all always eventually do. Unfortunately they've coasted on these minimal skills for far too long and will find out that what they "learned" at Merck are not marketable or transferable. They are afraid. And they should be.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How very true.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just look at the MGAMs, CTLs, and DCOs that have moved their families all over the place for this company. Just trying to hang on. Sad.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, it's like the mother from Flowers in the attic who kept the kids locked in the attic, yeah mother doesn't love us anymore.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is just like that dad. He has a few. Mother Merck has hundred of thousands.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think a good part of the problem is everything is a competition. People just don't understand that. From the second you are released you must compete with hundreds of thousands others to get to that egg. Here people complain about back stabbing, someone being more passionate, and competition like its the end of the world. Then when a company lets them go they feel betrayed. Like Merck is the only company that ever existed. They never learned that life is hard. You want something, get it. No one is giving it to you. Why do you think college grads can't find work. They don't want to work. Be responsible.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"College grads can't find work because they don't want to work"?? Painting with a very broad brush there, don't ya think? That sounds like something a bitter, old man would say. Contempt for the entire mid-20s segment of the population is a sign of you entering dementia. You also sound like the old guy who keeps calling the cops complaining about that loud party next door. Don't be a hater.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't find work because their liberal arts degree hasn't equipped them with the necessary skills to compete. A degree in " communications " or even " business administration " or " marketing" is useless today. Whatever " degree " they obtained from our broken down over priced educational system is now meaningless. Whatever " skills" they learned as a Merck rep are not transferable or marketable in this economy. Got an MBA? Yeah well get in line with the other hundreds of resumes that company's receive. Merck reps floating for so long attached to mothers umbilical are finding out just what their education and experience is worth on the the open market and it ain't what mother was paying them.
    If it was me I would go get something that's certifiable, transportable, and made me more employable. PA, nurse, teacher, welder, IT. Something. " Sales Rep" ain't gonna cut it anymore.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this is very true…sometimes you have to be "cruel to be kind" and this poster is giving some necessary tough love…Me, Merck lifer, pushed/harassed out by my CTL in my early 50s, now struggling big time…Bouncing around from one crappy sales job to another, none of which pay more than one third of what I made at Merck..

It ain't pretty out here folks…reality bites...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mother is a corporation who is out to make money just like any other corporation. No one owes you anything. Good luck finding a company that will coddle you. Sounds like you might be more fit for a government job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just a second you bastard licking fool! I thought medicine was for the people and not for the profits?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm just saying...if you want job security and the promise of never getting down-sized the government is for you buddy!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way off on that one. If we don't make money we don't exist.