Daniels Sharpsmart Inc.

Discussion in 'Daniels Sharpsmart' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
    So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
    So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye Markus

I'm glad you go, I cannot tell a lie
    I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, you fly back to Australia
    So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
    Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye Markus

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Markus

We know you are still reading these posts

You and you EGO will not be missed

The company is looking forward to moving forward without you

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former employee who saw but worked against the issues and with some very talented people helped grow a company that has now given you a job. The war ended in 1945 and the Aussies and Yanks were allies, from what i hear still are. Bitterness will eat you up and with unemployment in the US still sitting pretty high, swallow your pride and be humble in still having a job even in an Australian Owned enterprise. As a group you can change the culture and make the most of opportunities or jump on board the sledging blame game which as it turns out, has never helped a single soul.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Markus has taken a one year sabbatical... and Dan Daniels has taken an active role in managing the North American market again. Add in the fact his brother Red Daniels is moving here to live in Chicago and it appears someone has finally figured out the ship was adrift with no leadership in the largest market they are in throughout the world. Only took 5+ years and the loss of several great employees and accounts they said they would never lose before Markus was fired or off on sabbatical depending who you talk to. I have no doubt it was the loss of customers that lead to this not the horrific way they treat their employees since the only thing Dan-iels cares about is money. They still continue to employ several staff that manages markets hundreds of miles away from where they live wasting tens of thousands dollars every year. Couple this with all the costly decisions made that was huge failures (Track Smart II, Medi Smart, etc...)It is of little shock they have not given front line staff raises in years. Dan you should have sold when you had people fooled into thinking you had a well run profitable company, Oh well, there is always the Japan market you can go after, just get it done before they get bored with the cute accent and figure out they are getting over billed and under serviced like most of the people in the States have come to realize. Dan claims to be a Christian business man but must be a different Christian religion than the one I am part of.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try Palmer and Company or the Establishment right off George Street in downtown Sydney. The chicks are hot and the scene is crazy!!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow what a difference not having Markus interfering in the business on a day to day basis

Wish the chnage would have been made years ago

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Markus did hire a US Sales Director, as a local puppet, guy has no idea what is going on.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well they just lost Stanford School of Medicine, the Kennedy Hospitals (which are suing them for over billing) Nortwestern Hospital and Long Island Jewish is rumored to be dropping them as well. Ryder has tried to repo their trucks in California, the new plant manager in Fresno walked out with no notice. I have never seen a company with such fast turnover. Rumor is they are trying to scrap together money to buy out the remaining WM Healthcare work in America. Can't wait to witness that train wreck if they take it over. That could be a new group of employees they get to screw over and all the new customers they could accidentally over bill.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And with the CFO, McPhee sticking his fingers in everything that moves, no one can do a thing unless he says so from Australia. Now a Finance guy running or should that be ruining the business

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stikcing his finger in is an understatement, guy interfers in everything across the business,

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Different day, same terrible business that's been going on for years. No surprise on the overbilling lawsuits, pretty much every account could have a claim. This place is an absolute joke. Jump ship ASAP!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard from a source close to the Daniels family that they are looking for four Regional Managers with a starting base salary of $125,000, total comp at $220,000 and one US General Manager with a base salary starting at $405,000.

All of this money, but yet this company still refuses to pay it employees for money earned in this downward spiraling industry.

Douche bags!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A base of $405k??? What are your annual sales and growth trajectory?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone other there?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone still check this that is in the know? I am considering a job with them. Have things been better? I heard Skinner is going back to Australia.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Daniels is the same mess it always has been. So sad

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I currently work for Daniels, though I cannot say where or how long since I do not want to give any tells on my identity in case someone from the company does view this forum. Needless to say, I've been with the company long enough now to see just how it's really run. I work in mid/upper levels, and have never seen a company so poorly run and maintained. I honestly don't even know where to begin. The US corporate office in Chicago is beyond incompetent. Don't try calling anyone there, and if you do manage to get through, be prepared for incomplete answers, people making mountains out of mole hills, and everyone doing their best to cover their own ass instead of finding solutions to issues. This company does not, I repeat does not pay their vendors and service providers in a timely fashion, even though they would swear to you they they're net 30. I've had numerous vendors tell me they will not work with me until they're paid, and many others server all ties as they do not want to work worth a company that can't pay within s reasonable time frame. Their sales department has no concept of logistics, seeing as how they're based in Wisconsin and trying to sell services to locations in Fresno, Orlando and Baltimore. Google maps is not a tool for logistic operations. They make promises they cannot keep, they don't get all the prudent information, such as proper contact information. Worst of all, when large hospitals are contracted with us, we usually don't even have enough supplies to properly install them. The company still lies about growth and promotion from within. I still have yet to receive an annual review or salary adjustment, in quite a many years. Each time it's the same thing. "The company is still growing, but the potential is there if we can keep it up." "It's gone to Dan Kennedy (Vice President of US Operations/CEO of Canada Branch) for review, and he makes the final call". After that, you'll hear nothing about it again. The turnover rate is insane, management is grossly underpaid and overworked. The company expects you to give everything up and get nothing in return. Don't ever expect to Worrell 9 to 5. This company will make you work 10 to 12 hour days. Their idea of a year end bonus, for employee and managers alike, is a voucher for a turkey and a fifty dollar gift card. Upper level management, Regional level and higher, is a joke. I've had the displeasure of dealing with the northeast regional manager on a few occasions. In all my years of work, I've never met such a narcissistic, egotistical, rude, incompetent and self serving individual. This man repeatedly touts that he is a member of MENSA, has in depth knowledge of Quantum Physics, was in the Air Force and had men who would willingly die in combat at his command. Meanwhile he cannot handle properly running operations for three plants on the East Coast. I'm fairly certain the only reason he still even has a job here is due to his friendship with Dan Kennedy, which many many others in higher levels have even stated. Don't get me wrong, their product is indeed very good and well designed, I'll give Dan Daniels credit for that. The problem is that this company is so poorly managed, nobody knows how to get anything done, everything suffers from the "too many cooks" issue. I honestly could go on and on about it, but it's tiring listing all these things. The saddest part of this whole thing though? Dan Daniels is actually a really great guy, as well as Red and Fiona Daniels. They are kind, pleasant people, with a great idea and belief in improving the state of medical waste solutions. But. Dan Daniels is a great engineer. He is not a great business man, and he's sadly left the business end in the hands of people who do not know how to do things any better. I wonder if Dan actually knows about the incompetence of his company. Corporate offices that don't know what they're doing. Vendors that can't be paid on time. Vice Presidents and Regional Managers that hinder operations and growth on a Plant level instead of helping it to improve. The company stating that their employees are their "greatest asset, and must be cultivated" yet refuse to pay a fair salary, offer salary adjustments, sub par medical benefits, a 401k that they refuse to match at all. Insane employee turnover. Overwhelming hours. This isn't how you run a company. This isn't how you grow and improve. As soon as I can find another job, I'm leaving and never coming back. There's a reason Daniels loves to hire young people. It's not so they can grow with the company. It's cause they don't know any better. I feel bad for these young 20 and 30 somethings coming into this company. They have no idea they're being underpaid, overworked, and taken advantage of. They think this is how it's supposed to be. Start hard and prove yourself and you'll see the rewards in time. Sadly time goes by, years pass and they haven't grown. Their workload has, their hours have, their stress, responsibility and company demands most certainly have, but those rewards that were promised are still off on the horizon, always in view, yet always out of reach.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In my experience and if you would try, you will see that the one person that does care and will help you succeed it Mr. Kennedy and the Northeast Regional Manager.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is so out of touch it's comical. Why would they pay premium rent in downtown Chicago is asinine.