How'd you feel after being laid off?

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Apr 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did you guys find out you were laid off? Did your LCM pull you in the office or did you receive an email? What time in the day did you receive the news? 5:00 after you had already put in a hard day's work? What was the first thought that ran through your head? Did anyone go out with a bang so-to-speak?

I know this experience may be hard to write about. I'm genuinely interested in reading about them though, so please share.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After you share your experience with being laid off!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Told 2 weeks before X mass about 2pm on a Wed -- I was suprised it was not Friday at 445pm- gess the Xmass time was pretty cool :0 )

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First reaction was shock. Then relief that I would no longer be under the day to day stress of being expected to do more with less. Then happiness that when that door closed a much better one opened. I miss my co workers and our patients. I do not miss the drama and suspense. I hope the company has a workable and realistic plan for those left to carry on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is so funny about the this year's lay off? Good people, hard workers, with lots of experience were rif'd instead of people with multiple write ups or known slackers. One area now has almost lost as many people as were rif'd initially in that area since then. These people that have quit without notice were hard workers, experienced workers that have moved on due to the unstable Rotech working environment for that area. It's funny because not only did they lose good workers initially, but has lost a lot more since and cannot fill now open slots because of this area's reputation in regard to known work environment. Good judgement was not made initially & this still continues to this day. They are now scratching the bottom of the barrel when it comes to employees & potential employees. This is what happens when you have a bunch of ignorant middle management calling the shots. Sad part, they do not realize how ignorant they really are. They just keep making excuses for why they are not able to succeed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You nailed it they can never recover from this,once you lose your employees respect it truely is game over.i would love to hear feed back on this(but im sure i wont)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because you are part of the problem.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hows that?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont spend your live being a bottom feeder(there is a whole life outside of rotech)all you need to do is walk out,trust me youll be better off.