What's Going On With This Company?

Discussion in 'Surgiquest' started by Anonymous, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they trying to get bought or will they continue to operate as a stand alone? Hard to imagine them lasting for long in this GPO driven market with no contracts in their present situation.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely setting it up to be sold.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have received calls from 4 different recruiters for this company. Passed on all of them. I just don't see any advantage to this technology and like the previous poster stated, will be very difficult in this GPO driven healthcare economy to gain any traction whatsoever!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This forum, just like the company, is dead......

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. Too busy to be interested in this gossip site.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right. I'm sure in this brutal market, hospitals are lining up to buy an overpriced fancy plastic straw (trocar) that delivers gas to the belly. This joke of a company is dead in the water.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not sure about all that but definitely not looking good. Hospitals are not buying IFS anymore due to cost and I heard a bunch of territories are tanking. Most of my hospitals are going back to the older standard ports due to cost and GPO compliance. Time to get the resume out there, noone is gonna buy us, all smoking mirrors and the rumor is the VC's are furious due to slow sales

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Luthy was let go? WTF!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VC's? Viet Cong?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Terrible environment right now. So glad I left. All my surgeons stopped using it and went back to regular trocars due to price constraints.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm... product is strong... adoption is rapid... not a long learning curve for surgical teams... patient benefit is also good... margins are high... head count has almost tripled in 12 months... seems like a terrible position to be in...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its an ebb and flow game. Capital budgets have been submitted in most markets in July for fiscal years starting in Oct. You will see an uptick in capital sales volume and disposables from now until probably jan/feb then back to trying to get more accounts tee'd up for getting it into the next capital purchase cycle. It is great technology and it does make a difference. It is still selling as evidenced where I am located. About to put a few in that have been cleared through capital budgets.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All lies. That last post was clearly written by a manager trying to save a sinking ship. I know a ton of reps to looking to leave after the recent lovely news. All my surgeons no longer use it due to cost constraints. You can definitely do a procedure without it. The ports are way overpriced compared to standard trocars. The clinical data is BS and all smoking mirrors. Surgeons have finally figured that out. I just did another evaluation and the surgeon saw no clinical benefit. All of my surgeons had no issues going back to regular trocars.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's a "smoking mirror?" A bikini clad babe selfie?

I swear the stupidity in this world just makes me want to give up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go ahead no one is stopping you!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems inevitable that the company will be bought. No way to sell/grow these type products long term without GPO support that you can only get from being a big boy. These days, Supply Chain has enough stroke to shut down these "whiz bang" products w/dubious clinical benefits that are primarily sold to the surgeons.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so sure that will happen. Their are a ton of these young companies with no real portfolio looking to be bought. Surgiquest has 1 product in a very crowded market. Hospitals are already limiting or eliminating it all together as it raises cost significantly per case and the benefit is not really there. The company is dead. Any company that pays more then $10M is moronic.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to TD? Are things that bad?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

he saw the writing on the wall and left... company has been tanking for the last 18 months. No one is buying this technology unfortunately. Hospitals will commit to an eval and then when they realize how it just destroys their profitability per case, they say "no thanks". Surgeons have no power to fight it anymore.. Hospitals are already losing money on robot cases, this just adds cost with no real value to the procedure.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow!!! Good to know. I was contacted by a recruiter about this. It was sold as a high income opportunity. I'm so over recruiters and their BS. Thanks for the info.