Surgical

Discussion in 'B. Braun Medical' started by Anonymous, May 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know average pay in the surgical division?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What location?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anywhere. Looking for a ballpark numbers. How does commission work?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends if you are referring to Aesculap surgical division or a B Braun one. Which?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aesculap

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anyone?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's feast or famine at Aesculap... All divisions

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what are people earning? Are quotas obtainable?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call for the RM job with Aesculap. Adan any one tell me what happened to the last RM? How are there products reviewed in the market place?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for a poor to average territory its probably $50k or so.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5.75 comission so that should give you an idea coupled with a $16k base...same as you would earn selling shoes!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the above poster really correct with the low pay? How do people afford to work here. I saw an opening for an associate role and i can only imagine what that might pay if the full line is so low.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES, the previous poster is correct with regards to total comp 50-75K. The 16K base salary is also correct. I do not work for the company so I am completely unbiased. I interviewed with them for the Surgical position about 6 months back and the DM quoted me these exact figures. I couldn't believe it and asked him how he expected to get anyone decent to fill the role. He just sort of shrugged.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally depends on your territory. Average territories are about 1.6-1.8 mil a year, so if you take the low end, add base, and car allowance you are at around $115k.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call BS on the 1.6-1.8 number. That might be the very high end.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how hard/long does it take to convert business?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone says $50-$75k someone else says $115K. That's a pretty big spread even with a small vs big territory.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$700k territory at 5.75% $40,250 plus $16k base comes out to $56,250.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct - If you have a territory that's 1.5-2.0 it's a pretty good gig minus the fact (for tax purposes) you are basically straight commissions. If you have a new expansion territory and are given 600-800k in business good luck - most contracts for this type of product are a 3 year contract so I'd make sure to ask when big account contracts are due to be up before moving forward.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aesculap's biggest problem is they've sustained modest growth for years but more recently decided they needed double that moving forward to hit some goals they have in revenue by 2015. They don't have an actual PLAN on how to do it though. They're asking reps to continue doing what they've always done with no new products, no new marketing, and no change in internal culture to create a growth they've never previously achieved. It's unfortunate, but the reality is they are not even close to achieving that number, admit it won't be reached, but then continue to tout that every rep is responsible for making their share of it. It's a very odd situation and has led to pretty bad morale in the sales force nation wide. I have a strong feeling the commission structure will at some point shift from the way it is now (where many can make a great living without hitting their number) to one that focuses more on making your number and less on the revenue you bring in. It's currently not aligned with their growth objective so many are still making a great living despite hitting quota year after year.