endocapsule

Discussion in 'Olympus Endoscopy' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview for a position selling the endocapsule. The recruiter said the GI reps haven't been selling it because of their other business so they are creating positions to sell it alongside the GI reps. I would like honest feedback on the product/position/company if anyone would care to give a mature answer that would be appreciated, I have definitely seen some ridiculous responses to questions on these boards :-/ Thanks in advance......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds to me like your recruiter is working off of our old model.

Right before they created a division devoted to selling the capsule (2 years ago ish?) the "GI Division" was doing everything they could to push capsules, because our bonuses were based on placing new systems.

THis is definitely a tough sell, with Given being the market leader. You'd also have a few other products in your bag, which are also equally difficult to sell due to market share, and technology.

Olympus offers something for everything in GI, but its not necessarily the best.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your honest and genuine reply. I am okay with a tough sell and a challenge as long as it is rewarding. How is culture at Olympus? micromanaged? and do you have idea what too reps make? recruiter said $120k would be the low end and top were over $200 but I know their job is to sell the position too :) Thanks for any more info you have!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't waste your time. I would hate to see someone get sold on $120-200K only to find out they are getting beat out by Covidien (who now owns Given). GI reps did have incentive to sell capsule at one point but it is a hard job! Especially displacing a huge installed base now run by a corporation who will out leverage their portfolio to lock you out. Just ask Olympus how hard a time they have getting the crumbs in the Endotherapy market as Boston Sci locks them out with 80/20 contracts. Another reason to be suspect of a recruiter you don't know and who truly doesn't care about you!
    P.S. - Micromanagement awaits at Olympus also - not the place it once was!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you ever interview for the position??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any new information on the endocapsule positions?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any new information on the endocapsule positions?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great product that keeps getting better.