The Grass is Greener

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was with the company for 7 years and then humiliatingly told that my job was eliminated. Of course, I was devastated because I was a good employee, had good attendance, and kept on top of new policies and procedures. Unfortunately, at Rotech, there is favoritism and I wasn't the teacher's pet. Employees who were less qualified and incompetent were kept as it was a popularity contest.

Yes, I'm bitter and always will be the way this company treated me - what they do is demean employees who are already overworked to think that their job performance is insufficient - never a pat on the back for a job well done.

I have since found the dream job where employees are treated like human beings and the pay is almost $3 more per hour. Like they say when one door closes one door opens. It happened for me and I have had people tell me I should thank the AM and LCM who decided to let me go. I do not thank them, they made me feel terrible and worthless and I found the best job I could ever end up with on my own.

I am grateful about what I accomplished finding a much better job and have no respect for those that made the decision to eliminate me. I had severance pay - basically a two month vacation, then found the perfect job for me as soon as my first unemployment check was processed.

My point is that there is better out there for all of you stuck in a job with this company that is going nowhere.

Good luck in the future!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was laid of in the first wave of what they call "RIF's". I also found a great and satisfying job within a month. I now work for an international company that supplies the hospitals with a necessary part of a hospital stay.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is Truly Wonderful, and we're happy for you!
    Are you in any position to encourage DME referrals to nearby Rotech locations?
    Thank you in Advance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you out of your mind. HELL NO.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHAHAHA

I tell everyone to STAY AWAY from that shady place since now I too have found a company that pays more than 11/hr

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with you all and I wrote the original post - I am also in a healthcare position and would walk over hot coals before I recommended Rotech to any resource. If they treat their employees that bad, then they won't treat patients much better. We all did do our best, but managerial decisions kept us from doing what is best for the patient. I felt like a hypocrite just working at the company called Rotech. If there is anyone out there considering working for Rotech, run the other way!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true,when a company loses the respect of its employees,than the show is truly over.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones I wasn't let go I quit and just walked out. Found a great job in a hospital ( I'm an RT) and I tell everyone I can to stay away from rotech and how horrible they are. I've never worked for such a crappy company. So "Yes the grass is definitely greener" as long as your not working for ROTECH.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you - I would have loved to have just walked out instead of being kicked to the curb, but oh well, it all worked out for the better anyway. I'm in a much better place now and the job from hell is all behind me now. I hope good things have happened for others treated this way.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rotech management has a bad practice which they think is effective of writing people up when they are doing the best they can and work their ass off, yet still make you feel like a piece of s- I mean crap. That does not motivate a good worker to do better than what is humanly possible. Yep, I lost respect for this company after the first write up when I first started on the job. 02 orders were being lost so the LCM decided to write everyone up, then they found out who was not processing orders, yet the write-up remained on file. Gotta love this company for being so employee-unfriendly and doing the best they can to get rid of good workers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All you people that say you are former employees. And hated the company and it's management. Yet you still come on here anonymously. If the grass is truly greener, have some balls and say your name. And the names of the people you are bitching about. I personally still work for this company, and can't post my name for fear of retribution. If and when I am let go, I will be throwing people under the bus left and right. The shit I have seen. Unreal.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what's even funnier is that those that have left Rotech with the bad taste in their mouth are in many cases the ones who make it a point to inhibit DME referrals later.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i know what your talking about,and will do the same,the bus will be very busy.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hypocrite - yeah, fear of retribution is what it is. You don't know how it feels cause you haven't walked in our shoes. Until then, keep your opinion to yourself.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will wait for you to be let go and see if you do have the balls to post your name and the names of those that you say are so bad.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG. Balls? I'm truly looking forward to it. I'm just amazed that you grass is always green people don't. What do you have to fear?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is a day in life of a new sales rep?
    how much money do you truly make in a month on bonus?
    is hitting that 86 points realistic?
    What is typical annual salary first year?
    thanks in advanced

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retribution - we signed an agreement after being terminated that we wouldn't say anything negative about the company and with the threat that the company could sue us - I'd love to give out names but I will remain anonymous JUST LIKE YOU! So what's YOUR name?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's another reason we can't name individuals, dummy, and this comes from the moderators at the website:

The major reason why posts are deleted is that they personally attack an identified individual. It does not have to be by full name - initials and/or geographic location can identify someone as well. Even if the original post in a thread did not contain this type of information, if the rest of the thread degenerates into these types of attacks, the thread can be deleted.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must not read all the posts. Go back and review each one before you make a statement like that. By the way I worked west of the Mississippi River. Guess where I worked?