STAY ANONYMOUS AND SPEAK YOUR MIND

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LETS GET IT STARTED IN HERE. IF SCARED USE GRANDMOTHERS'S TABLET. DO THE TRAUMA VIPS HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH RECON? DO THE RECON VIPS HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH TRAUMA? DOES CARPENTER CARE ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN REPORTING FOR SELF PROMOTION? WHAT A SHAM AND "CRITICAL" MESS THIS COMPANY HAS BECOME.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Elaborate. Whats happening?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am seriously having my doubts about this company. I was hired 2 yrs ago, just got promoted, and am on pace to do about $105k this yr based on our current comp plan. And this is assuming I hit plan. There has been alot of turnover in my territory, entire hospitals just switched over to Stryker, and all my boss can say is "well, if you can convert 2-3 of the big hitters back to us, you'll make $175k." Yeah, right. Right after they just made the voluntary decision to switch to Stryker......I hate this job & this company. There's better opportunities out there making at least $125-150k and I don't need to be on call.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's because Stryker managers are better than Depuy/Synthes managers. That's what Stryker is good at, bundling. The products are not very good for the exception of the Gamma, and every surgeon will tell you that. You won't get the big hitters back because the decision was made well above their head at the C-suite. You may want to contact the Stryker team.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not entirely true: there is a lot of marketing radio ads and print ads promoting hospitals and drs and this leads to the conversion over to stryker I am seeing it first hand Depuy leadership is a joke and we are doing nothing about it we are getting our clocks cleaned period by more aggressive corp management

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are 2 years in and are making 6 figures while you admit that you have lost your biggest accounts to our competitor. To take a job that pays 125, and hold onto it for dear life because you will never make more than that. If you can't make atleast 2 bills after 2 years w/ synthes then you are a clown.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are u serious? What's the poor kid supposed to do? Tell his manager he's entitled to 1/2 the territory he was working in as an ASR and fuck the senior rep's 8-15 yrs he's been there? Maybe he should just threaten the senior rep & start demanding accounts. Cuz that'll work

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing the poor rep can do. Stryker is going to pulverize Synthes with inferior products. Sorry, fact.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's your own god damned fault. If you can't convince your hospitals that Stryker is not worth switching to, then you aren't worth employing. it starts with your relationships. Those surgeons should fight for you, if they don't, you are done. The average successful Synthes rep is still making 250k. So, just know that you didn't have the typical Synthes experience.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love how hyperinflated those quoting their own salaries appear to be, which goes along with the oversized egos.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love taking Synthes business from "loyal" Synthes docs these days. You guys ran the show in my territory for so long and now you are garbage. Thanks for the new car! The local Synthes "god" isn't to happy these days. Go get your resume updated!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relationships are nothing in this business anymore when the hammer is dropped from the top of administration. Surgeons might love you and/or your product more than anything but when sole source (or two) vendor contracts come in courtesy of an overpriced consultant (see advisory board of DC) then you are screwed buddy. Screwed. Surgeons can go to bat for you all they want, but I have seen with my own eyes how this works. Maybe it happens in your area, maybe it does not. It has in mine and Synthes trauma, Depuy Joints, out the door. Stryker and Smith and Nephew welcome.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I welcome the fight. I will take Stryker business and continue to be on the aggressive. Its not just about trauma anymore. We have the opportunity to really mess with some complacent total joint companies, as trauma reps, mind you. So, continue to naysay, and then go f yourself. This will happen.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha good luck bud

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is it so hard for some to see that Stryker is doing what JnJ should have done from the onset?....Bundle the OR portfolio...bring value proposition! This day and age, plates and screws provide the same outcome regardless of superiority claims....there is no room for innovation unless is brings irrefutable cost benefit. It will be interesting to see what the response is to the massive drop in business.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rest assured Stryker guys, Synthes CMF reps have your back as we leave. Through this integration, we all know that if we didn't get orthopedic added to our bag, we are as good as gone. Most of us are interviewing and as we leave, you will get all the information you need to make it work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is to do his job... Which is to sell and convert business. If he can't with the Synthes product line.... Maybe he should go back to pharma bc he can't sell. Quit being a woos that makes excuses and do your job

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try. You Stryker reps don't sell. You erode your prices and the market by being the market leader of grabbing your ankles and selling on price alone.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This industry is flat. All companies suck now compared to 10 years ago. There is More magic.
    You don't hear reps saying "I can't wait till next year......"
    It's always " I wonder how much territory I'm losing and what's the new low commission rate. And I even hit quota."

For me, I'm opening up a strip bar with dancing sheep.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I came into the company as an asc. My sc was a joke. He hardly worked the entire time I was there. The harder I worked, the more time off he would take. Once we hit quota each month, he'd hold back submitting orders and save them for the next month. Ripped off customers using Simms cart, charged for new drill bits and put the old ones back in the tray. Forged customer signatures for product returns. Ordered eval kits, used them, replaced product then acted like the case cancelled so he'd not have to pay for the eval set. Earned accumulations from hospital "a" then took the new sets to hospital "b" and used stolen product to fill the trays. Dude must have had hundreds of thousands of dollars in tfn nails and helical blades in his basement or garage that he would sneak out of hospitals one or two at a time, then bill them for it two weeks later when he went in to "help" do inventory. Also, he'd charge for a 22 mm drill bit every few cases at his largest account and of course put the old one back in the tray and keep the new one. Some senior rep. Of course he is still there.