Who will walk?

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who will walk after bonuses are paid out this week?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very few, especially those that have some equity after the sale.

3. Many of the Sports Med guys will be gone. There is no plan to keep them regardless of what is being told to them

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone specific? or any region?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anyone believes they are safe and Zimmer brass will keep them then give me a call so I can sell you some prime beach front property in Nebraska.

6. There are four areas that are being targeted. So Cal, NY, FL, and Ohio. The Zimmer reps are already drooling for the free business.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just remember this is a social site with anonymous bloggers making these statements. They very likely are your competitors and know absolutely nothing about what is going on.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

florida seriously? Etheridge owns the west coast and nothing will happen to him

N Fla for both biomet and z are decent

Zimmer is the laughing stock of south florida for the last 4 years Barr will handle it

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be surprised if all of the distributors are let go and Zimmer goes direct!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no infrastructure to support a huge sweeping change like that.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now, THAT is an understatement.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ain't that the truth. Infrastructure, at Zimmer... What is THAT? Biggest fly by the seat of our pants management approach I've ever seen. Plenty of BS upper management strategy slide shows, but on the day to day management of the business we are absolutely clueless.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales, or corporate?

Word on the street is Nolan will be taking his told team back. AKA - the sports team is probably the one team that will be left most intact after the dust settles.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"07-21-2013, 06:26 PM Anonymous
    *from the Biomet SET PResident Resigns Thread*
    "Re: Biomet SET President resigns
    Nolan is very good at some things, not very good at others. He puts things together, and sounds like he's been busy doing that around the country lining up distribution for his knee juice, and maybe pulling a few other strings. Last I looked Biomet sports sales was -5%. Delp's focus is trauma and he has all but abandoned the sports line. Wouldn't be surprised to see Zimmer buy it from Biomet, then Nolan can just drop it into his knee juice distributors. He knows the designing surgeons and who the top sales guys are, just do the deal so they come over. Same thing Biomet did with Depuy trauma. He might even have a couple of his old sports distributors already selling for him.

But then again, maybe I'm just crazy."

I'll put my money on this prediction (again)...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not an absurd suggestion, but I doubt it. Nolan appears to be Dvorak's boy now and for whatever reason seems to have been recruited over to play a bigger role than just a focus on sports business, including knee juice. Their sports products are nowhere near what they had hoped, largely because they never adequately invested in it. In my opinion they thought it was going to make up for sliding recon revenues, but it's not amounted to a meaningful enough volume of business - again, mostly because they seemed to be just dipping their toe in the water and never fully jumped in, so they've turned attention away from that area. After the merger this may fall under his span of control, but it probably still wont be a focus. Focus today seems to be on "synergies" (i.e., cutting overlapping costs and getting by on bare minimum infrastructure) and not on investing in businesses like trauma and sports. There are bigger fish to fry, and the focus will likely be on regaining recon losses through the scale created by the biomet/zimmer combo. Frankly, it seems to me that an alternative to such a clunky acquisition like this would be to find a new management team that can grow the business organically.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder what will happen in FL where the #1 sports distributor (with competing lines) overlaps with two different joint/trauma distributors.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is against what was said at NSM which is that with the sliding profits of recon, the focus needs to be on all the other lines...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

maybe against what was said, but look beyond talk and more directly at actions. everyone's also been told that all sales people are safe... do you believe that as well?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The deal is not done...the FTC and eu haven't said shit and have asked for more information. We shall see what has to be divested to make this sale go through