I HATE POWERGLIDE!!

Discussion in 'CR Bard' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT A POS! I am tired of this product and its failures costing me thousands of dollars!

That is all

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you really feel?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100%. This shit hole product is ruining my relationships. I am tired of being harrassed by my picc teams because IT DOESNT WORK!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have had leaks routinely, very frustrating. Are others reading this having leaks or is I something else? Just would like to know...thanks

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone that uses it has issues. It is mediocre at best, but once again BARD created the need and now noone will stop using it. If we stop using it and the problem will be solved because we will not be using an expensive product that has no true clinical value.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a fan either...more so not a fan of Lard!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

General Motors had the same problem with their Powerglide. Maybe it's just the name that's the problem.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe if you nurses didn't suck so bad at finding the vessel, staying out of valves, and not blowing it out you would have better results.

Contact your local rep for a demonstration of the site rite prevue. The worlds best vascular ultrasound machine!!

*gel cap sold seperately

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point. VAD nurses are clueless and need company CS's to assist them in just about everything.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clueless AND incompetent! I'm tired of always teaching my nurses how to start a line or change a dressing. My docs ask me for advice before they do their VAD team!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a pretty good race tranny. Can't beat a 9" Ford though.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PGlide will be exposed in 2015 for what it is a 100 dollar long IV. Arrow will be hitting purchasing with their $45.00 midline later this year. Look out Mr. Sherlock

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a garbage job selling $100 needles. Bard is a crappy place to be I guess

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Frustrating yes. PICC teams and trained VAD nurses struggle with every aspect of line management. I have to do everything for them and I'm just the rep. Yes, I am more skilled than most of my clinicians!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm convinced it is the worst product on the market. The point that nurses are non skilled is the whole point here. It's too difficult to use for them and god forbid they have one of our ultra sounds because you can't see the needle. It's actually pretty dangerous and I wouldn't allow anyone to put that thing in me or a family member. Oh and thanks for tying our maintenance to this product. Most of my customers stopped using it cause the first version was really really bad and now I know have to rebirth that business and I have to grow more on top of it?! This product has ruined relationships, hurt people and pissed of a to of reps.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought JB personally oversaw and developed this product? You probably don't know how to sell it. You haven't been able to explain it to your customers perhaps you should quit. There are plenty of other people who want this job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right... There are plenty of blind sheep who are in b2b that would like to have this job. Those reps still think ol mighty bard is the king of medical. They also think selling to nurses is "cool" and they have no idea that we have become an entry level position and this is twice the work for about the same pay they are making selling copiers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for the record..... I would NEVER let an RN stick me or a loved one with a PG! Well maybe if it had a statlock on it, of course! lol

NEVER!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the record your RNs ability to place a PG is based on their skill level and or your ability to train them correctly. I don't care if it's IVs with ultrasound, Powerglide or powerwand they all require a minimum of 20 successful placements to get it. And before you say quit drinking the koolaid the powerwand rep confirmed to me they also set the expectation of 20 sticks before the RN is deemed competent.

It's ok if you can't teach it but stop making everyone else's job harder by complaining.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh that's right, the Powerwand. Tell me again how successful that was again? Oh that's rights it wasn't because 4" IVs are garbage and useless. Just another garbage bard product that is bullied around.

How about you stand up and teach everyone at the NSM, Mr. Miyagi?

"Powerglide, Powerwand , who gives a shit"