concentrator check

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Apr 7, 2014 at 7:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Letting the cat out of the bag here.
    Went to do a concentrator check and analyzed at 60% at 2lpm. Since we didn't have any good concentrators in stock, I was told to keep my mouth shut for now till we get one in.
    I really hate to treat patients this way.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Assuming your O2 analyzer was calibrated, and if that is an accurate reading, you have an obligation to the patient to go over everybody's head and notify someone who can rectify this. If that patient dies, rotech is 100% liable.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like BS to me. Who checks concs at 8am? Your location doesnt have MMs, especially on Mondays?? Your location is below par for concs too?

I think you were laid off and now trying to make rotech look bad. If this really happened, your location is horrible. Btw, you could have given pt an mm tank or liquid base to provide o2 until you got a good one in. Either will always provide 99% concentration.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This could have been done on Friday or earlier in the week and now needs to inform us.

Boy you know everything, why did you not see this problem before and make sure they had good concentrators. I am sure the PST could have done what you mentioned or have switched it out for one with at least a higher percentage. The real problem is that Rotech cannot keep up with the problems.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How could he have given the patient an MM tank when you know they don't have them on Mondays.

How could the PST given the patient a LOX base. Sounds like he delivers tanks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you on here at 8:00am. laid off also.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For both of you, welcome to 2014...there are these things called smart phones, its just like a computer and you can carry it everywhere so you can post on Cafepharma 24/7 even at work! I know I know, it is amazing for sure.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Rotech. Don't be posting on this site while driving.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be a rocket scientist.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just an average guy who did his job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you? A moron?
    Did the concentrator check last Friday, NOT at 8:00 am stupid. Not the 1st time I had to do this as our concentrators are always screwed up. And guess what?
    The area manager has known about this before, and we left the concentrates with the patients until they finally blew out their sive beds out.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, your manger, and the area manger should all be fire. Risking the health of not just one of your patients. But, he/she is a person. Even Rotech would agree to that. I think

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Explain to us what you would have done? This way we can have the proper instructions on how to proceed from here since you were once an LCM

Rotech should have supplied the location with the inventory for them not to be in this situation. I recall my manager saying that they were not able to request new concentrators and had to make do with what was in the warehouse. It is a shame that Rotech puts the location in this predicament knowing it will impact the patient and may be a sentinel event.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg that the management has created with their inefficient methods of running a company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me not following the chain of command will get you in more trouble than not even telling your location manager. Management would not know how to handle the situation and give it back to the LCM.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been a PST at Rotech for a few years now. Fortunately, I've never been put in that situation. All of our concentrators at the warehouse analyze above 92%. When they stop working properly, we send them back to our transfill. Nowadays, getting more concentrators is an issue with the new policies, but we've been fortunate so far.

Anyway, I don't care what your superiors had to say about the situation. You didn't take care of your patient properly. Do you know what problems can arise when someone's o2 level isn't what it should be? Worst case, they could have a heart attack or a stroke.

You should have reported this to someone. If your LCM or AM didn't care, then you should have contacted the pt's insurance company, their doctor, SOMEONE. People don't have concentrators in their homes for decoration...their lives depend on it!

It's bad enough that PSTs now have to repossess concentrators from patients who need them because they aren't billing for some reason or another. But to leave a broken concentrator on a patient that is billing is inexcusable. It seems you have a career in Rotech management ahead of you, assuming the company survives long enough.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lets just stick to the facts,i see no need to make stuff up.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This PST did the right thing in telling the immediate supervisor, it is not for him to contact anyone else with the problem. The problem with this is purely a management problem that Rotech fails to respond to. Calling the insurance company or doctor will only create more of a mess.

Maybe you should take the patient a better concentrator since your location has plenty to go around.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm the PST that made the post just before yours. I think this was made up too. I always have a spare, working concentrator on my van. We also have spares back at the warehouse. For them not to have any working units at all just seems preposterous. What would they do if a patient calls in because theirs is alarming? Or if a hospital or doctor's office calls in with a continuous order?

And why don't they even have MM tanks on Mondays? Do they not give them to continuous patients during setup on certain days of the week? This just all seems ridiculous.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are a complete sissy

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

couldnt agree more,whats he going to tell us next,that he drives a van with no tires on it,or better yet that he only gets tires on monday?