Tell me again how this is like a "normal" aquisition?

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please do not respond to this of you don't work here. All that we have received from you people are ignorant responses. Tell me how you can read today's email from JL and have anyone tell you this is no different than any other aquisition. The entire Sales management team are Forest People. Not some of them, All of Them! And that includes CR who will be leading all of the existing Actavis people with the specialty teams. My statement has nothing to with the fact that there will be Forest reps cut (we needed to be)--but this is exactly we heard many people use the word "merger" even though it technically was not. Actavis reps were trimmed down. Already and weren't high in number to begin with, but from a sales culture, etc..this is going to be like Forest reloaded.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup. The old Actavis was decapitated. Expect the whip to come down as managers try to impress the new task master.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually the Chairman of the Board is Actavis. The Forest people work for him. Basically Actavis paid us 25 billion to run their companies day to day activities

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chairman of the board is like the queen of England. You are grasping at straws.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put Cary in charge of all the Actavis people so that he can show them the Forest way. Brilliant. Pure brillance, boy!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone should pin you with the 'Captain Obvious' medal. This is actually quite similar to many INTERNATIONAL mergers. When one company acquires another company in a country where they have a large footprint (and the acquiring company does not), usually the company with the larger footprint in the geography runs the show. Actavis has had minimal footprint in USA, Forest has dominant footprint. Actavis needs competent leadership to run the USA division, enter CR, JL and others into the picture. Actavis does not have personal that are the equivalent to Forest leadership in the USA. Does it really make sense to lay off CR and JL and replace them with leadership from Europe just because they have experience? No.
    Remember, we are talking BRAND name and PCP..this is why Actavis bought Forest, they needed to enter this market somehow in the USA to become a global leader.
    Take a business class someday in mergers and acquisitions and you will realize your post is a very immature assessment of the situation. I'm proud of you for branching out and interrupting your 8 sig ratio today to post this message though!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, but as a show of good faith it would have been smart to install a legacy Actavis manager at one of the sales positions. The loyalty and trust of the Activis people just went down a notch.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be nice to have some sort of bio on these people.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come on man be serious, how long was Actavis as a company even operating in the branded world. You should be thankful, you just got the most successful leader in the history of Forest to lead your specialty teams. If you work hard and don't make excuses, trust me you will be just fine.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Learn some history. Actavis (nee Watson) has been in branded meds a long time, at least 20 years. Might as well just shit can us all now so you can have your Forest love fest.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh man, you're right. I bet all those Dr's are super pumped and they can't wait to shut their offices down in even larger numbers!

Stampede!